Be Careful

D

dammor

Seatbelts are our friends.
wink4.gif

U

upslocal480

Did you ever see that picture that was circulating around the internet a few years ago of the aftermath of a UPS package car and a Fed Ex "Courier" colliding? It had the UPS truck sitting upright with minor damage and the Fed Ex truck was laying on it's side next to it and appeared to be mangled. There were a couple of firemen in the picture. Someone had typed "We Win" at the top. Where did you get your picture at?

T

tieguy

Amen to that. You roll one of those brown buzzards without a seatbelt you in deep caca.

U

upsgoat

Picture of Fedex truck was taken in Bakersfield Ca a few years ago.

R

rckfrd98

I hope all of you drivers do wear your seatbelts. Several years ago a driver out of the Chicago area died when his package car tipped over. He was not wearing a seatbelt and fell out of the truck. He was killed instantly when the package car fell on top of him. So please, wear your seatbelts.

Rckfrd 98's wife.

U

upslocal480

An inside hub part-timer was killed in Memphis years back when he somehow fell out of a truck that he was moving and was ran over. No seat belt.

T

trouble1903

If it wasn't for the seat belts I would fall out of my truck 20 times a day. The steering in some of the trucks are so tight I have to reposition myself after turning a corner.

A

archibald

IT IS BEYOND ME WHY ANYONE WOULD NOT WEAR A SEATBELT IN A UPS TRUCK OR A PRIVATE VEHICLE. I HAVE DRIVEN 11 YEARS AND RACED FOR ABOUT 13, I HAVE FRIENDS IN THE RACING BUSINESS WHO WEAR THE REQUIRED 5 POINT HARNESS RACING AND THEN GET IN THIER PRIVATE VEHICLE AND DON'T BUCKLE UP BECAUSE THE "LAW" SAYS THEY HAVE TO! I CAN THINK OF BETTER WAYS TO PROTEST A LAW THAN PUT MY LIFE IN JEOPARDY ON THE ROAD WITH THE EVER GROWING IDIOTS THEY ARE GIVING LICENSES TO THESE DAYS!
crazy.gif

A

archibald

ANOTHER THOUGHT, SAY WHAT YOU WILL ABOUT UPS, I DROVE DUMP TRUCKS AND OTHER COMMERCIAL RIGS BEFORE UPS AND WAS ACCIDENT FREE. WHEN I WENT THROUGH THE DRIVER TRAINING I THOUGHT SOME OF THE STUFF WAS SILLY, BUT I BET I HAVE AVOIDED 100'S OF ACCIDENTS OVER THE YEARS BECAUSE OF IT. I USE IT EVERYDAY AT WORK AND IN MY PERSONAL TRUCK. I GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE, THE UPS METHODS WORK AND ALL YOUNG DRIVERS SHOULD USE THEM EVERYDAY! IT JUST TAKES 1 SECOND AND 1 MISTAKE TO DIE ON THE ROAD.
sad2.gif

F

feederdude

Archibald,
interesting point in regards to seatbelts. Tell your friends to go to your local DMV, and just watch the people getting re-newals without a drive test, it's pretty easy to do and might spark some thought.
Feederdude

M

moreluck

feederdude....don't even have to go to the DMV to renew....we do it over the internet!!!

F

feederdude

moreluck,
I'm even more concerned now, after reading some of the posts on this site, they too probably got renewals on the web.
Feederdude

A

archibald

YOU DON'T NEED THE INTERNET, THEY ARE STILL PUTTING THEM IN CRACKER-JACK BOXES HERE! LIKE MY GRANDPA SAYS "GIVE A maroon A CAR AND HE THINKS HE IS RICHARD PETTY"