Becoming a Driver, Some Questions

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
i qualified and my part time senority jumped multiple off the street hires. We even had some guys with 5+ years preload jump ahead of tons of guys after getting promoted so check with your shop steward
Not if those off the streets made book before you did. Your part time seniority don’t mean s* in my local when it comes to full time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not if those off the streets made book before you did. Your part time seniority don’t mean s* in my local when it comes to full time.
Had to be something like off the streets were seasonal then stayed on. Or some pt cover driver vs ft stuff.

Because no one comes in even a 20 year part timer and jumps an established RPCD.

542thruNthru

What supplement?

@542thruNthru you know anywhere part time trumps full time? ;)
When I read that the other day the only thing I could think of is he means he went RPCD before a off the street hire 22.4.

That would mean he's in my Rider though or one similar to it.

Other than that I don't believe I've ever heard of a PTer leaping over FTers in seniority when they turn FT.

possibleparrot381

22.4s are guaranteed 8hrs a day. It's a full-time gig unless you choose not to demand your guarantee.

So FT seniority trumps PT. A single day of FT seniority will win out over 10 years of PT seniority. Your PT seniority date will stand until you qualify. Then your seniority will change to full-time, you'll be thrown to the bottom of the list and your seniority date becomes your 31st day of driving.

Your "part-time seniority" will still be attached to your employee number, but only entitle you to choosing vacation weeks and retaining your benefits. If I recall correctly, it won't help you for anything else.
Well that's a lousy deal

DVIR

What supplement?

What supplement?

804, i loaded a new guys truck in preload and he made book. I now am a rpcd and I actually pick vacation over him and am in front of him in seniority. Maybe it’s not standard practice but thats what happened in my center. The 5 year preloader jumped like 7 people and picks routes before them

542thruNthru

804, i loaded a new guys truck in preload and he made book. I now am a rpcd and I actually pick vacation over him and am in front of him in seniority. Maybe it’s not standard practice but thats what happened in my center. The 5 year preloader jumped like 7 people and picks routes before them
@Seymour Packages you're from LU804 correct? Does this sound right. A off the street FT RPCD jumped over in seniority when a PTer becomes a FT RPCD because his PT years count?

Reading Article 13.2 it doesn't seem that it would work that way but I could be reading it wrong.

I still have never heard of PT years contributing to FT years by jumping over someone that's already a existing full-timer.

So a 25 year PTer can become a FT RPCD and all of a suddenly be top of the seniority list? I mean I don't hate it but have never heard of that.
I was just throwing something out there but yes you're correct it is not making any sense

Poop Head

Judge me.
Nice. Thats the way it should be.