Been working for UPS for almost 2 years and still don't get how vacations work.

Dynomite

So in July it will mark two years working for UPS. In Orlando (where I started) I only remember them asking when my vacation will be for one week. Then I had like 5 option days to use whenever.

I just moved to Illinois, and they asked for one vacation week, but then they also asked me to choose an option week.. Does this mean I have to weeks to take off plus option days or me choosing an "option week" just me choosing a week to use all my option days? I'm pretty confused about it, and I've asked a couple people at my hub and got different answers.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Different regions have different language. I believe in central they get one week vacation and one option week. After two years you would get two weeks vacation and one option week and two option days. But it has been ten years when I have been a new employee. I am sure some others will be able to help you out more. Also find out who is your shop steward and he will be able to give you the best answer. Also you could find out the Hr rep and ask them as well. Don't be afraid to ask questions at your center. :happy2:

Goober

We get an option week here in WI. You don't get to break up the days (but do get two optional days to use). The optional week is the first vacation you have and you can choose to work it and get two checks or to not work it and use it as a vacation.

just interested

Are these things not put into writing prior to employment? Why should we have to seek "verbal" answers to know what we may be entitled to receive or how we qualify/earn it?

Where can we find this information in writing, to study and analyze?

Thanks for any help!