Been working for UPS for only 2 months and am already considering quitting my job as a preloader.

twoweeled

Well, I guess certain jobs aren't for everyone. It's not that I can't handle the preload job. I can. I'm just fed up with management constantly trying to make the job harder than it really needs to be. I've been trying really hard to stay positive and friendly to management and everyone else(co-workers) while giving my best effort to keep my flow going at my current position. I've never missed a day of work(with only ONE late attendance) while everyone else with seniority at my hub is either too busy ditching a day or two of work(without calling in), walking out of work too soon without finishing up their work(making everyone else with little to no seniority do their work for them) or comes in late very often yet I still get crapped on for not giving the supervisors their stupid numbers by not meeting their ridiculous work standards. Even a UPS driver at my hub helping out the preloaders at small sorts, has recommended me to just stick to college and either take advantage of the reimbursement benefits til I graduate or find another job that'll treat me more humane while I'm still finishing my college education.
Sorry - but in my opinion, your approaching this totally wrong. Almost fantasy like. This is the way UPS does it nowadays. They do, and will make it more difficult than it has to be. Positive or negative? Whatever! Because it doesn't matter. Nobody cares if your positive. Just keep trucking, or don't.
Trying to be friendly to management?? They see that as weakness. When they see weakness, they generally attack in the sense that you are an easy one to use.
They can like you in the morning, and fire you in the afternoon. Liking is meaningless and probably making matters worse for you.
Bottom line. Working the isn't worth the money. If it's too difficult, your not going to make it driving. If you can get an education "and a better job". go for it. Your approach is wrong here. Good luck.

Fan

I'm glad that I quitted after 11 months despite of one month left before I could get insurance and paid vacation. What I'm making in a day equal to what I used to make in a week. now I can still save some money for my education after paying for house loan and vehicle loan.

Be confident to yourself bro. It's important to know what you have and what you can do. AND DONT BELIEVE WHAT THE MANAGEMENT TELLS YOU ABOUT CAREER IN UPS!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I'm glad that I quitted after 11 months despite of one month left before I could get insurance and paid vacation. What I'm making in a day equal to what I used to make in a week. now I can still save some money for my education after paying for house loan and vehicle loan.

Be confident to yourself bro. It's important to know what you have and what you can do. AND DONT BELIEVE WHAT THE MANAGEMENT TELLS YOU ABOUT CAREER IN UPS!
I think your a fake name

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Quitted....... This might have been your only shot at a decent paying job.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
3qbcnp.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Yeah, it's a good thing you quitted. Always a plus to be confident to yourself too. It will take you far.

flatbread

Occasional Lurker
It's not for everybody, certainly. Are you supporting family at home? Health insurance after one year is huge. If you can get over the initial psychological hump, get seniority, and file grievances when justified, you might feel better at least.

How long do folks in your hub typically wait before winning FT bids?

watdaflock?

What do you guys think?
I try not to. It's why I work at UPS.

In other words, you need to learn how to hear but not listen. Let him ramble on. Give him a polite but closed ended response. "I'm working safe, boss!" When he starts screaming again about you going faster, say the same thing.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Were you glad?
Sound more bitter and angry to me.
Thank you for all your feedback guys. And here is what happened after I posted in the fourm:

After the 1st day of driving,my superviosr asked me to wait for his further notice for next schedule. 3 days later,I texted him to ask for next schedule date,but he did not even reply me.

Yeah,that is! Put you on a class training for a week,put you aside of the wheels for almost two months,and put you back to the wheel,asked you to drive like a pro. And then kicked you out because you were not experienced.

This also happened to a guy in the trailer next to mine. He was put away from the wheels for more than 2 months,and sucked on the 1st day driving,and then no one called him to drive again.

I'm not wasting any more time for this crap. Even a server job makes much more money than it.

And now,whoever asks me about starting the career in ups as a loader,I'll tell him:To spend 2-3 years to get yourself a degree or a license for a decnet job,or to spend 2-4 years(this is what most full-time drivers told me about the time period to promo from part-time driver to full time driver), working until you get all your joints hurt,getting a paycheck for only $150 per week, for a position that no one can guarantee. Make your choice.
You ran off like a little girl after getting your feelings hurt because they thought you sucked. And you want to give advice
De97M_s-200x150.gif