Before Canine Attacks, Owner Tells UPS Driver, ‘Don’t Worry, It’s A Nice Dog’

i Misload Next Day Airs

I don't trust any pit bull as far as I can throw them. I recently viewed this video, and it really did make an impression on me. 2 pit bulls attacking bystanders on a city street. It is graphic and not for the squeamish. Video taken from a balcony above.

Yeah I seen that vid that one was crazy they even attacked the people trying to help the guy getting mualed

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
years and years ago i had a rural route and delivered a package at a house out in the woods. after i dropped box off i heard a womens voice say "SICKEM!"

i was almost back to the truck when this medium size dog came running towards me. i had nothing in my hands so i timed my kick almost perfectly and sent the dog flying rolling and rolling along the ground. then he disappeared.

the lady started screaming at me and i told her that i heard her say sickem. she just went back into her house and i never heard another thing about it.

and i never made another delivery to that house.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
years and years ago i had a rural route and delivered a package at a house out in the woods. after i dropped box off i heard a womens voice say "SICKEM!"

i was almost back to the truck when this medium size dog came running towards me. i had nothing in my hands so i timed my kick almost perfectly and sent the dog flying rolling and rolling along the ground. then he disappeared.

the lady started screaming at me and i told her that i heard her say sickem. she just went back into her house and i never heard another thing about it.

She should be on permanent Will Call.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The homeowner told her dog to attack you? BS.

Packmule

Wish this post was on Facebook making its way around the country. So many people out there just don't get it! And even if it was just a nip, the way the Feds climb up UPS' butt, the fines OSHA slam us with, dog owners need to be paying it instead.

10 point

The homeowner told her dog to attack you? BS.
There are dog owners out there that are mentally ill.
To BS someone for this statement is shortsighted because I've delivered to almost as many mentally disturbed people as I have dealt with vicious dogs.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't trust any pit bull as far as I can throw them. I recently viewed this video, and it really did make an impression on me. 2 pit bulls attacking bystanders on a city street. It is graphic and not for the squeamish. Video taken from a balcony above.
How are there 10 people around and those dogs aren't dead?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It took three different trips to the doctor before I wised up and refused to deal with dogs anymore. I made sure the owners knew I was serious about being PO'ed at their mutt and them. I also called law enforcement to report it so their dog was put on the 'viscous" list. To be honest I still don't care for them. I got so sick of hearing "don't worry-he won't bite" or "his bark is worse than his bite". I know some of you on here are real dog lovers but not me.
Yup dog lover. Feel the same way you do. I don't know the owners intelligence level and I don't know how they train their animal. It really has nothing to do with the dog but the person who owns it. When a domestic animal bites it is the owners fault.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've had more than one dog owner holler "sic em" when I was delivering. They all thought it was a big friggin joke. I let them know just how stupid they were. Some got it-some didn't.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I helped rescue a pit from the streets last winter. Her name is adara. Check her out on fb at saveamom rescue. Its how the are raised. This baby girl is pure love.
And I've seen them snap for no apparent reason at all.

It's a breed that's capable
Of tremendous harm weather they seem nice or not. What they've been breed for over many years is still in there.

Doesn't really matter to me I just won't get out of the truck if ones around. And should one surprise me there's always a ups pen waiting to go through an eyeball if need be.

sailfish

I recently had a stop who had their mailbox infonoticed after I walked to the end of their lane to be greeted by a triple goon squad. I don't mess around anymore. Don't have the time and not worth the risk in the slightest.

Packmule

Yup dog lover. Feel the same way you do. I don't know the owners intelligence level and I don't know how they train their animal. It really has nothing to do with the dog but the person who owns it. When a domestic animal bites it is the owners fault.
Over the years our family has always had dogs. One had to be put down because it proved to be unpredictable and potentially dangerous. We got him as a pup and he received the same love and attention all our other dogs had. Just born to be mean. And for the record, even the dogs we've considered loving and mild were never allowed access to strangers or the front yard at all. Fenced back yard, in the house, or on a leash. Period.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
And I've seen them snap for no apparent reason at all.

It's a breed that's capable
Of tremendous harm weather they seem nice or not. What they've been breed for over many years is still in there.

Doesn't really matter to me I just won't get out of the truck if ones around. And should one surprise me there's always a ups pen waiting to go through an eyeball if need be.
You sound like an expert. You ever had one? All of my friends have pits. Some have more than one. We even have 3 brothers between my group of friends. All with different personalities. None of which are mean. We've all had these dogs for over 5 years. Not one or anyone who I know with one has tried to bite anyone. I have encountered plenty of pits on route. I've never been bit by one. I've been bit by a large poodle and a golden retriever. Also the worst/meanest dog I've ever been around was my friends brothers golden retriever named daisy. That dog would snap and bite for no reason. I just have to say all you nay sayers of pit bulls go rescue one. My father in law was the same way. He would have killed the whole breed if it were up to him until we rescued ours. 5 years later he has completely flipped his thinking. He loves our dog more than his own.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
There are dog owners out there that are mentally ill.
To BS someone for this statement is shortsighted because I've delivered to almost as many mentally disturbed people as I have dealt with vicious dogs.
you are absolutely right. i did not think about it at the time but years later i understood that the lady may have been mentally unstable.

sailfish

You sound like an expert. You ever had one? All of my friends have pits. Some have more than one. We even have 3 brothers between my group of friends. All with different personalities. None of which are mean. We've all had these dogs for over 5 years. Not one or anyone who I know with one has tried to bite anyone. I have encountered plenty of pits on route. I've never been bit by one. I've been bit by a large poodle and a golden retriever. Also the worst/meanest dog I've ever been around was my friends brothers golden retriever named daisy. That dog would snap and bite for no reason. I just have to say all you nay sayers of pit bulls go rescue one. My father in law was the same way. He would have killed the whole breed if it were up to him until we rescued ours. 5 years later he has completely flipped his thinking. He loves our dog more than his own.
Unless I know the dog from before I still don't trust any breed. Even then I won't linger too long.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we have a adorable 12 pound jack russell mix that just attracts everyone to want to hug and pet but i wont let them.

i tell people "he bites" but he really doesnt but i dont want to take a chance and dont need a BS lawsuit.

people get mad that they cant pet him but even the mellowest dog can be unpredictable.