Beggar crackhead

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So I went to lunch at KFC because I didn't care if I felt wretched afterwards since my dispatch is so light today.

Outside the restaurant was a guy begging for change. My customers were really generous with tips this year so while I was inside I bought the guy a meal. When I went outside I handed him the KFC bag and said here's your lunch. He said a quick "thanks" and without even looking in the bag walked away at a fairly brisk pace.

My curiosity was piqued so I drove my truck up a block and parked to eat. He without opening the bag just kept crossing the street at an intersection going in and out of a couple of ghetto stores as if he was looking for someone. He crossed the road at least 6 times.

I'm guessing he was trying to sell the KFC for a few bucks to buy some crack or was looking for his dealer in hopes of trading lunch for a fix.

Oh well...at least I didn't give him money.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So I went to lunch at KFC because I didn't care if I felt wretched afterwards since my dispatch is so light today.

Outside the restaurant was a guy begging for change. My customers were really generous with tips this year so while I was inside I bought the guy a meal. When I went outside I handed him the KFC bag and said here's your lunch. He said a quick "thanks" and without even looking in the bag walked away at a fairly brisk pace.

My curiosity was piqued so I drove my truck up a block and parked to eat. He without opening the bag just kept crossing the street at an intersection going in and out of a couple of ghetto stores as if he was looking for someone. He crossed the road at least 6 times.

I'm guessing he was trying to sell the KFC for a few bucks to buy some crack or was looking for his dealer in hopes of trading lunch for a fix.

Exactly...buy someone food, that I'll do...I never give money either.

oldngray

nowhere special

I am surprised he didn't just toss that food into a trash can when he thought you weren't watching. What he really wanted was money of course.

Are you sure,It wasn't Photog?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Looks like I found out where my loop mates spent the day.

bbsam

Staff member
I am surprised he didn't just toss that food into a trash can when he thought you weren't watching. What he really wanted was money of course.
Oh hell no! After a 3 day crack binge nothing would be more golden than a bag of KFC. Usually no eating goes on. It kinda gets in the way of important activities.

oldngray

nowhere special
Oh hell no! After a 3 day crack binge nothing would be more golden than a bag of KFC. Usually no eating goes on. It kinda gets in the way of important activities.

Good point. Crackheads usually are thinking about things other than food. You for sure never see a fat one.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
how can you assume anything? check out that story that went viral about the guy who gave the homeless man $100 and what did he do? he went to store and bought a bunch of food and then went to the park and gave it out.

18 years ago we gave a lady who was homeless and living in her car with 2 children 9 dollars and some blankets.

about a month ago her son found us on the internet and called us. he said her mother had recently passed away from cancer but her mother and himself had never forgotten the "act of kindness"

he is now in medical school and wants to help people like we helped them in a very small way.

don't put yourself down. you gave this person a meal. maybe you are right . maybe he is going to trade it for drugs. maybe not. but just maybe you changed someones life.

keep giving.

BrownTexas

I've done the same thing at a Taco Bell once. Told the man to come inside and I would buy him a combo meal. As he stepped up the the counter the cashier said "Hey frank, back again. This is the 5th time today."

bbsam

Staff member

It's possible he was looking for a son, daughter or wife to share it with. There's pain in the world and you helped lessen it for an individual and maybe for a family. You did good. Don't spoil it with cynicism.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
we have three families who swap family members (sometimes its the small children taken with the "Parents" sometimes it's the older children) and beg at the Walmarts in a 5 city area.