Being “placed”

R1wonder

Anyone have any specific language about being placed . Local 317 upstate New York now has a bid bid place ... so a few runs I would like are getting placed. I have almost 16 years , full time for 3.5, I am currently a Monday - Friday cover , I didn’t like the route options at the last bids and didn’t want Saturday. So now these runs are open and supposedly a 22.4 guy will get it . Which is absolute bull :censored2: if you ask me. They won’t place me , a full time cover with 15 years , but the 22.4 guy will get promoted to it , who may have 5 years

Brown Down

That's how it is when someone retires, is fired, etc here. They can basically put whomever they want on it. I think it's set up to prevent mass moves through out the year.

R1wonder

Well I’ve called my local business agent and left a message about the issue . Just curious if anyone can direct me to even the slightest bit of language about it
64878D21-C498-4692-90ED-A894D6A288B5.jpeg
5D7EEE31-2F8E-4046-A467-4A47801F9499.jpeg

R1wonder

Spoke to my BA today . Says there is no language and the Union unfortunately can’t help . Company can do what they want and they are “promoting 22.4” so they can open another ft spot , and a part timer will go FT 22.4 . He tells me if they wanted to they could place us too. So they are just being inconsiderate like always . There is two runs on my area being placed . There is two full time cover drivers , me and one other ... but they will over look both of us and give a low guy a run . Gotta love it

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Spoke to my BA today . Says there is no language and the Union unfortunately can’t help . Company can do what they want and they are “promoting 22.4” so they can open another ft spot , and a part timer will go FT 22.4 . He tells me if they wanted to they could place us too. So they are just being inconsiderate like always . There is two runs on my area being placed . There is two full time cover drivers , me and one other ... but they will over look both of us and give a low guy a run . Gotta love it

When is your next bid? My feeder department uses this process and drivers rarely complain since we bid twice per year.