being asked to work off the clock

UnconTROLLed

perfection
although i have never been asked to do any favors off the clock yet, im sure as hell i wouldnt do it anyway, but i have been asked, "are you still on the clock" when i just punched out. thats as far as it gets really. like how the others mentioned before, UPS wont take any responsibility if i were to get into some kind of accident while doing them their free "favor"

Are you kidding? UPS won't accept responsibility for anything on the clock, nevermind off the clock.

platinum9898

It would be handled in the same manner as any other accident in a personal vehicle. The fact that I am dropping off a package on the way home would not change the situation one bit as I am not on the clock and UPS would have no involvement whatsoever.

This doesn't happen very often and I understand your point(s) but I will continue to do this if asked. It's just the way I roll.

i feel you, i do the same. its called being humble even when others aren't its something only god and real people notice which i can live with BUT i'm not a fool and i let dem know whos boss. i give not for the expectation of gettin something back but gotta admit when no 1 around you EVER does the same thing it does piss me off somedays thats why i LOVE the union i can cuss out my supervisor all night if i wanted to ;) gotta love it. gotta be a gangsta and a gentlemen aka humble but not a fool get it yet?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i feel you, i do the same. its called being humble even when others aren't its something only god and real people notice which i can live with BUT i'm not a fool and i let dem know whos boss. i give not for the expectation of gettin something back but gotta admit when no 1 around you EVER does the same thing it does piss me off somedays thats why i LOVE the union i can cuss out my supervisor all night if i wanted to ;) gotta love it. gotta be a gangsta and a gentlemen aka humble but not a fool get it yet?

I'm sorry--what are you babbling about?

8up

I got off the road this evening and noticed that there was a NDA for one of my neighbors at the end of the belt, which is where all of the NDA send agains go. This pkg had Refrigerate Upon Receipt on it so I asked my on-car if he would like me to run this off on the way home and he said yes. It did show late in my DIAD but won't show late in the system as it had already been attempted that morning. My neighbor thanked me for taking care of her. This is why I do this.

this reads as tho you were not a driver delivering a package off the clock as much as a person making a will call at the center. just happens to be that you are an employee who works at the center.

i was in the office one friday nite making a phone call, before i left i answered a call. the customer was inquiring about her package sent to her daughter who needed it in preparation for an exam coming up. she lived in a gated complex and our cover driver didn't know how to get in. he left a delivery notice on a gate that no one would have ever seen. i know the area. anyway i told the lady i'd get the package out to her on my way home. it wasn't exactly on my way, but i was thinking how often have you called a company trying to get something resolved and you get no where with that person on the phone. the only one asking for assistance was the lady on the other end of the phone. anyway, i didn't have an accident, haven't had one before wasn't any reason to have one that evening. customer was satisfied and i enjoyed the detour home, had a great weekend, life has been good and i sleep well most nites.