Ben Carson

oldngray

nowhere special
Republicans have nothing to say except "Don't run from cops", "pull your self by your bootstrap", etc. They think the system is fair. It isn't.

That is your opinion and still doesn't address whether it is right to vote for a candidate just because of race (which is a trait of Democrats).

bbsam

Staff member
A meme that is off topic?
Not at all. A meme with a black conservative explaining in very simple terms why blacks consistently vote democratic. Odd that even when it isn't a "liberal troll" but a conservative supreme court justice, you still can't hear a truth that you don't want to hear.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not at all. A meme with a black conservative explaining in very simple terms why blacks consistently vote democratic. Odd that even when it isn't a "liberal troll" but a conservative supreme court justice, you still can't hear a truth that you don't want to hear.

Read that meme again. That is NOT what Thomas said.

bbsam

Staff member
That is your opinion and still doesn't address whether it is right to vote for a candidate just because of race (which is a trait of Democrats).
How does any politician get votes? They appeal to a constituents perceptions and circumstance. Conservatives have tried to find an appealing pitch to minorities and failed.!

BrownArmy

This is shaping up to be the most ridiculous primary season ever.

I just wish more Dems would show up to the party, so we could go full-on-idiot in both directions.

brett636

Republicans have nothing to say except "Don't run from cops", "pull your self by your bootstrap", etc. They think the system is fair. It isn't.

Life isn't fair, and in reality never can nor will it be. Some people are born more intelligent than others, some are born to wealthy parents while some are born to poverty stricken parents, and then some are born healthy while others are born with diseases that don't allow them to become an adult. Its easy to say life isn't fair because its easier to come up with excuses rather than results, but the truth is this world is as fair as its going to get and you either work with you have in front of you or cry about it on message boards.

bbsam

Staff member
Life isn't fair, and in reality never can nor will it be. Some people are born more intelligent than others, some are born to wealthy parents while some are born to poverty stricken parents, and then some are born healthy while others are born with diseases that don't allow them to become an adult. Its easy to say life isn't fair because its easier to come up with excuses rather than results, but the truth is this world is as fair as its going to get and you either work with you have in front of you or cry about it on message boards.
I see you and others are taking liberties with what I said. I specifically said the system, the man made system, the bought and paid for system is not fair. There is nothing wrong with changing that system. It's kinda what America has been about since about the Boston Tea Party and the whole Taxation without Representation thing they had going on.

brett636

I see you and others are taking liberties with what I said. I specifically said the system, the man made system, the bought and paid for system is not fair. There is nothing wrong with changing that system. It's kinda what America has been about since about the Boston Tea Party and the whole Taxation without Representation thing they had going on.

There you go making vague references to some secret "system" where you falsely believe is controlled by a few powerful racist people slanting the world against minority groups in this country. What I find ironic about that is you are making these claims in a thread about a black man who grew up in a poor, single parent household who went on to become one of the world's leading pediatric neurosurgeons and is now running for President of the United States. Talk about a truly myopic view of the world.

bbsam

Staff member
There you go making vague references to some secret "system" where you falsely believe is controlled by a few powerful racist people slanting the world against minority groups in this country. What I find ironic about that is you are making these claims in a thread about a black man who grew up in a poor, single parent household who went on to become one of the world's leading pediatric neurosurgeons and is now running for President of the United States. Talk about a truly myopic view of the world.
I don't think it's vague at all. In fact, I'll spell it out more clearly for you. Politicians are for sale and big business is buying. We live in a corporate oligarchy. Am I being too vague for you still?

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Ben Carson is a token candidate who has zero chance of being elected President. He is the GOP's "designated Negro" this campaign, "proof" that Republicans aren't racists and are a party open to all. The reality is that most Republicans say they'd vote for a Black candidate, but never actually would do so.

The biggest laugh of all is that the GOP platform has become even less attractive to minorities, even if you have token candidates trying to sell it to voters.

Good luck on beating Hillary with the sack of weasels and morons currently in the race. I'm sure the bag has room for a few more. When is Palin going to announce, or have they already paid her off not to run?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ben Carson is a token candidate who has zero chance of being elected President. He is the GOP's "designated Negro" this campaign, "proof" that Republicans aren't racists and are a party open to all. The reality is that most Republicans say they'd vote for a Black candidate, but never actually would do so.

The biggest laugh of all is that the GOP platform has become even less attractive to minorities, even if you have token candidates trying to sell it to voters.

Good luck on beating Hillary with the sack of weasels and morons currently in the race. I'm sure the bag has room for a few more. When is Palin going to announce, or have they already paid her off not to run?
Hillary is beating herself and the hubby is helping too. How many more strokes will she have before election time?

brett636

I don't think it's vague at all. In fact, I'll spell it out more clearly for you. Politicians are for sale and big business is buying. We live in a corporate oligarchy. Am I being too vague for you still?

Looks like an unhealthy level of paranoia to me. It also has nothing to do with this thread which begs the question why are you even discussing this here?

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.

image.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
And the reason that is incorrect is because conservatives fail to convince blacks to believe differently.

So the correct reason is blacks should trust liberals and their rhetoric despite the fact those policies end up harming them?