Bernie Sanders 2016

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i remember when it was hillary vs bernie if you searched on youtube you couldn't find any videos of hillary actually doing her job the way bernie does.

btw, hows that bernie revolution coming?

New York state just announced that it will begin offering free college tuition to anyone from a family with an annual income of $100K or less so, yeah, I'd say the revolution is going strong.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Stop all the loans. Let the free market force colleges to cut tuition.
I agree, but I'm prepared to deal with the economic fallout. Most people aren't.

Let's also do the same thing for the housing market. Stop guaranteeing all these loans, let the free market force sellers to cut the prices of their homes. Now of course a lot of people will lose tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars, in what is usually the biggest investment they have..... but we have to stop all these freebies right?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I agree, but I'm prepared to deal with the economic fallout. Most people aren't.

Let's also do the same thing for the housing market. Stop guaranteeing all these loans, let the free market force sellers to cut the prices of their homes. Now of course a lot of people will lose tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars, in what is usually the biggest investment they have..... but we have to stop all these freebies right?
20 percent down worked for ages.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
New York state just announced that it will begin offering free college tuition to anyone from a family with an annual income of $100K or less so, yeah, I'd say the revolution is going strong.
Any state is free to do that. Other states might pull jobs, but that's the chance you take.

rickyb

So Cuba must be really great! So much free stuff!
you could say that for a majority of western countries, and yes they are better than USA.

btw it would be interesting to see the numbers comparing how much money america spends on all free stuff including military and jails. i wouldnt be suprised if it was higher than EU countries considering you already spend 1.5 trillion every year on military empire and you are the wealthiest country on earth although you wouldnt know it by looking at a median incomes persons house.

rickyb

Any state is free to do that. Other states might pull jobs, but that's the chance you take.
what new york proposed isnt THAT great because theres all kinds of requirements which make it difficult for poor people who have to work to fufill