Best boots/shoes for drivers

Est.1998

Depends on your budget, pronation, average weather in your area. The latter because some doctors don’t recommend wearing heavy boots regularly because they’re bad for your knees. For that reason I only wear them when there is snow or heavy rain under foot.

Other than that.....a good pair of running or hiking shoes designed for my arch and pronation. And are within my budget. Yes, you CAN pay too much for shoes just like you can pay too little. I’ve had a few pairs of $200+ boots/shoes fall apart on me rather quickly.
I agree.
The type of shoes you get depends on the routes you run.
I have a mainly urban route with 150-200 stops each day.
I wear hiking or walking shoes with compression socks and sole inserts.
Work boots, steel toes, construction boots, would kill my feet, knees, and lower back.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
What’s the best boots/shoes for driving in your opinion. Support of course and polishes well.

Never go cheap. I did that early on. And you get what you pay for.

Now, I have 3 pairs of USA, union made boots that cost me almost $600.

Two pair of Thorogood’s and a pair of Red Wings.

Hell, the crappy, off-shore boots are nearly as expensive as the good ones.

DSM515

Redwing Heritage mock toe 6 inch work boot, hand made in Redwing MN, plus you can resole them when they wear out. Might be expensive when you first buy them around 300 but a resole once a year at 100 bucks and your ahead in the long run , my current pairs is 10 years old and feel like butter on my feet

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Unless they cost a lot. all of the "leather" shoes are a thin layer that peels off especially if you polish them. So IMO go cheap and burn through pairs with insoles or go expensive. the stuff inbetween is a bunch of gimmicky garbage.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I wore shoes in package and boots/shoes in feeders. I tried a bunch of different brands over the years. Wolverines were the most comfortable, no break ins that I owned. Only problem, they can't be resoled, at least back then. I walk on the outsides of my feet, and soles would not last a year before I had to replace them. I tried a pair of redwing boots. Nice boots, but 90-100$ to resole. My last 10 years with the company, I discovered SAS (San Antonio Shoes) They are kind of regional but you can order online. When I retired, I had 6 years on the soles, and it showed minimal wear on the tread. Ain't cheap (200-300$), but I never scrimped on my footwear. Just recently bought a new pair.

Shorts365

I got some made-in-America New Balance’s that cost twice as much and lasted four times longer than their overseas counterparts. Finally time to replace them and I can’t find them anymore. Sneakers are best for most routes, steel toes for industrial, rain boots for melting snow/slush days.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
ECCO Trackers.
Expensive and the soles fall apart first.
But they are Gore-Tex lined and keep the feet dry.
Always got a couple of years wear out of them.

Osubrownguy

Nike airs are comfortable. timberland white ledges on the rainy or winter days. Find them for around 80-90 bucks and usually last a year.

tramtwo

more cutting edge content... this site never disappoints

ASICS Gel-Contend 5 SL get me through my 25 to 30 stops a day. I replace them every 6 months whether I need to or not.