Best prize for recognition you've recieved from UPS? (missort frequency)

G

gko494ujy

I just found out I had a 190,000 missort frequency for the year last year. So it got me thinking, what's the best prize/recognition you've recieved from UPS?

tups

I just found out I had a 190,000 missort frequency for the year last year. So it got me thinking, what's the best prize/recognition you've recieved from UPS?

They do it once a month, give us coffee and donuts, announce a few names for using safe work methods, give us a prize. Well we have one guy in my center who twice has received an award for showing he uses safe work methods, and both times his name was called out a couple days after he went out hurt from falling.

M

Mastermind

You think the Teamsters pay for your pension? How...with your union dues.... tsssss.....UPS funds it. Unfortunately you are likely in a multiemployer pension plan...that UPS fully funds, but others don't.

A $150 Gift card at home depot for putting address corrections in the diad. When it first came out, I was the only one doing it in my district.

Cementups

Box Monkey
^that would be awesome.

vvvI think I should print this out and take it in and post it on a 20x 30 poster at our facility

rec·og·ni·tion
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/ˌrɛk
thinsp.png
əgˈnɪʃ
thinsp.png
ən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rek-uh
thinsp.png
g-nish-uh
thinsp.png
n] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.an act of recognizing or the state of being recognized.
2.the identification of something as having been previously seen, heard, known, etc.
3.the perception of something as existing or true; realization.
4.the acknowledgment of something as valid or as entitled to consideration: the recognition of a claim.
5.the acknowledgment of achievement, service, merit, etc.
6.the expression of this in the form of some token of appreciation: This promotion constitutes our recognition of her exceptional ability.
7.formal acknowledgment conveying approval or sanction.
8.acknowledgment of right to be heard or given attention: The chairman refused recognition to any delegate until order could be restored.
9.International Law. an official act by which one state acknowledges the existence of another state or government, or of belligerency or insurgency.
10.the automated conversion of information, as words or images, into a form that can be processed by a machine, esp. a computer or computerized device. Compare optical character recognition, pattern recognition.
11.Biochemistry. the responsiveness of one substance to another based on the reciprocal fit of a portion of their molecular shapes.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Harassed by rent-a-cop security for parking in the hub employee-the-month spot I was assigned. No, really.

HazMatMan

I think gift cards are the best gift UPS could give us. With the price of gas as much as it is, gas cards are a great gift too..

celsiana

I got to pick out anything I wanted in the UPS merchandise catalog under $30.00. I had to pick only one item. Could not combine anything. I pick out a nice white jacket for $28.00. One month later they bring bring me a a grey t-shirt 2 sizes two small.

DorkHead

You think the Teamsters pay for your pension? How...with your union dues.... tsssss.....UPS funds it. Unfortunately you are likely in a multiemployer pension plan...that UPS fully funds, but others don't.

Mastermind, I believe T31yrs was being sarcastic.

brownrodster

I got to pick out anything I wanted in the UPS merchandise catalog under $30.00. I had to pick only one item. Could not combine anything. I pick out a nice white jacket for $28.00. One month later they bring bring me a a grey t-shirt 2 sizes two small.

I woulda rolled that up and michael jordaned it right into the garbage in front of them.

radone

My goal =driver job
this past peak our hub had a contest between the centers . each day the center with the least misloads got their name in a hat and at the end of peak they were to pick names and the winners would get free stuff like I pods and other good stuff.
Today is Jan. 21st and not a word about it. when someone asks the supe's, here is the answer: " oh , yeah, that was a program by "so and so" and he has now transfered to another hub...

it was a total LIE !
During this "contest" , all the PTers thought that it was just away to make the supe's look good.

We were lied to our face.

What should we do? just take it up the ass ???