Best way to get into Management

McGee

fact- divorce in america. or the entire western world, leave men in ruin and women reaping all the reward. child custody, alimony, separation of assets, so on and so forth. men get bent over and receive the hot beef injection
Um, what in the world makes you think its ANY easier for the woman or child(ren)? It is painful all the way around and most of all for the kid(s), if any. I think there is hurt on both sides and not just women 'cashing in' ( as you so colorfully put it). It most likely doesn't happen often, but in households where the woman makes more i'm sure the woman is the one getting 'the shaft' (as you again so colorfully put it).

Holydriver

Um, what in the world makes you think its ANY easier for the woman or child(ren)? It is painful all the way around and most of all for the kid(s), if any. I think there is hurt on both sides and not just women 'cashing in' ( as you so colorfully put it). It most likely doesn't happen often, but in households where the woman makes more i'm sure the woman is the one getting 'the shaft' (as you again so colorfully put it).
I'm not talking about feelings here, bud. I'm talking about the government's stance on divorce. It's there to favor the woman.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was told all these things on here about going into FT management. I would be forced to be a liar and a cheat. I would be making little money. I was going to have to be a prick.

But yet, none of this has happened. It's funny that people who have never been in the position know so much about it..
Bingo ... the ignorant always offers their opinion.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
PT Sup looking to go full-time here. I let my business manager know I'm looking to make the jump to full time and he told me after you get your driving experience in, it pretty much boils down to education to determine who gets the promotion. My guess is you'll be golden with a Master's no matter what it's in.

Let's be honest, not many degrees teach you how to supervise drivers.
Elementary School Teacher?

The drivers in my bldg who lost half their pensions had stay at home wives. That was their choice as a couple.

Or if the couple is spending both salaries and relying on a pension for retirement - again their choice.

The drivers who had wives with careers and also saved for retirement did not lose any of their pensions.
That's why I opened an IRA for my wife years ago when she wasn't working. Not planning on get a divorce but it is good financial planning.

sortAISLErules

Time Is Money And Money Is Scarce
Turn in your "Letter of Intent" to apply for part-time management, do exactly what you are told to do and be prepared to facilitate a steady flow of wings and beer to full-time management in order to earn their trust. You don't have to be smart or competent to get promoted, but you do have to be loyal and trustworthy. The closer you get to your center manager, the more likely you will get pulled into his/her inner circle and get promoted up. I've watched this happen over and over for twenty years.