Bezos does the expected for once.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I will not dignify or validate those comments with a response. Why? Simple. The only way your remarks are validated is if someone responds to them.

Only pointing out that you went into the agreement voluntarily and reaffirmed your decision to do so each year. If you find that offensive, that's.... not surprising at all.

It won't be me but if someone else wants to do they are completely free to do so.

See that, guys? YOU HAVE HIS PERMISSION.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm going by what is presented to me. There are guys like you who are full of histrionics and hyperbole about how it's this terrible ordeal. Then there are guys who will say that it's a business deal and you can take it or leave it and it's up to you to make it work. People enter into agreements all the time based on assumptions and that's as good a way as any to have a poor experience.

Some people learn the hard way that they aren't cut out for business and still won't admit it.
Then why don’t YOU become a FXG contractor with your extensive knowledge of how the whole thing operates?

Put up or shut up.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Gotta have something to whine about. People complain about the work conditions and yet they set the alarm and go work everyday at a place they hate. What a shame.
What's your point to all this. I hate my work conditions at ups. I punched out at 9:35 pm last night. Today is looking to be the same. The company has certainly changed since I've been here. But my checks are huge and I'm too far in to leave now. What say you

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What's your point to all this. I hate my work conditions at ups. I punched out at 9:35 pm last night. Today is looking to be the same. The company has certainly changed since I've been here. But my checks are huge and I'm too far in to leave now. What say you
He never has a point. He just likes to create dissension. He adds nothing of value to any conversation here. He’s just a troll.

Oldfart

Didnt that put you about a 12.5 hr day. Plenty of FDX people put in that amount yet you cry and complain about it. You should be thankful you are well compensated

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Didnt that put you about a 12.5 hr day. Plenty of FDX people put in that amount yet you cry and complain about it. You should be thankful you are well compensated
Did I not say my checks are huge? Pretty sure I did. I've never seen a FedEx driver out that late. Let alone on a regular basis. Cry and complain hahahaha. I wipe my tears with my paycheck. I wipe my ass with yours.

Oldfart

Did I not say my checks are huge? Pretty sure I did. I've never seen a FedEx driver out that late. Let alone on a regular basis. Cry and complain hahahaha. I wipe my tears with my paycheck. I wipe my ass with yours.
We start 3 or 4 hours BEFORE you. I clock in at 0530 some days, you are most likely still asleep. We work 12 hr days and are done at 1700 or so.

While you are working till 2130, I am enjoying myself at concerts, movies and other types of events with friends and family. Things you have the money to do but just don't have the time. That must really suck.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
We start 3 or 4 hours BEFORE you. I clock in at 0530 some days, you are most likely still asleep. We work 12 hr days and are done at 1700 or so.

While you are working till 2130, I am enjoying myself at concerts, movies and other types of events with friends and family. Things you have the money to do but just don't have the time. That must really suck.
Why don't you cry about it

sandwich

The resident gearhead

Then why do I see a flood of FedEx trucks leaving the building as I'm walking to mine every morning. Why is there a line of FedEx trucks and ups trucks waiting in traffic to get on the freeway at the same time every morning. Oh that's right. Because the majority of you start just before we do. With the few exceptions who run the early next day air stuff. We have those guys too.

sandwich

The resident gearhead

You must be forgetting that I'm a teamster. I don't miss anything outside of work due to having copious amounts of vacation time every year. Some of it being paid at 45 hours a week not 40. For example I have this Friday off to go to the drag races. I rarely work a 5 day work week, yet I still make much more than you. Bummer.

bacha29

Then why don’t YOU become a FXG contractor with your extensive knowledge of how the whole thing operates?

Put up or shut up.
In this forum either you are a participant or an irritant . Now given Dano's deep and expansive knowledge of the industry then why is he an irritant? If he is who he projects himself as being then he should be able to advise and instruct the rest of us when it comes to the deep inner workings of the industry. So one can only conclude that he isn't who he says he is and even if he is who he says he is it obviously doesn't matter anyway.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
In this forum either you are a participant or an irritant . Now given Dano's deep and expansive knowledge of the industry then why is he an irritant? If he is who he projects himself as being then he should be able to advise and instruct the rest of us when it comes to the deep inner workings of the industry. So one can only conclude that he isn't who he says he is and even if he is who he says he is it obviously doesn't matter anyway.
I don’t understand why y’all have such a problem with Dano. He has been informative on multiple occasions. Do I always agree with him? No, but how many people do we always agree with? I’d much rather he be here contributing in his fashion than Oldfart who contributes nothing.

Nolimitz

Then why do I see a flood of FedEx trucks leaving the building as I'm walking to mine every morning. Why is there a line of FedEx trucks and ups trucks waiting in traffic to get on the freeway at the same time every morning. Oh that's right. Because the majority of you start just before we do. With the few exceptions who run the early next day air stuff. We have those guys too.
We don't have pre-loaders. You are sleeping while someone loads your truck

vantexan

I don’t understand why y’all have such a problem with Dano. He has been informative on multiple occasions. Do I always agree with him? No, but how many people do we always agree with? I’d much rather he be here contributing in his fashion than Oldfart who contributes nothing.
If he disagrees with you he starts with the black helicopter stuff, suggests one doesn't know anything if one is a courier, that sort of thing. Gets old.

Oldfart

You must be forgetting that I'm a teamster. I don't miss anything outside of work due to having copious amounts of vacation time every year. Some of it being paid at 45 hours a week not 40. For example I have this Friday off to go to the drag races. I rarely work a 5 day work week, yet I still make much more than you. Bummer.
My kids played competitive sports when they were younger. I never missed a game or practice during the week. While you were crying about working till 2130 during the week, I was sitting in the stands watching my kids. I get 6 weeks of paid time off and have been to 8 Nascar races, 1 NHRA National Event, 1 Monster Supercross race and have Alabama football coming soon. My copious amount of vacation has given me the opportunity to do what I want while taking multiple 3 and 4 day weekends. Meanwhile you work all night, can't do anything of substance during the week unless you take a day off and still whine while making a good living. Bummer

Last edited:

Oldfart

Depends on your time zone and inbound times. I stage trailers and we get an early start to our day at our station. You clock in at 0830 or so and work way into the night preventing any quality time during the week. We start early and even if we work 11 or 12 hours, we are off before 1800. You start late and work late. Man, must suck making all that money and have to constantly tell your friends and family you can't do ANYTHING during the week because you won't be off work in time. Bummer

Oldfart

You are sleeping while I'm still working. See what I did there. So every express driver works 12-13 hours a day?
Nope, I don't need or want to work 12-13 hour days. We get treated like humans while you are treated like dogs. My hands are still numb from riding around in my new Reach truck with COLD ac while listening to my Sirius radio and stepping over my 2 wheeler with cobwebs on it from lack of use. I make a good living and wouldn't trade jobs. I worked at UPS in the early 70's and made the right move going to Fedex.

Oldfart

Dano got ran off from the company and still acts like he knows everything. You got caught telling untruths and like dano's contributions. Not exactly a strong character witness. Birds of a feather.