Bid air driver ?

PT Car Washer

Shouldn't they call and tell me that then? My status still says active ? When will they let me know if that's the case?
Why do they owe you anything? You have not been hired yet. Even if you get the job be prepared to be jerked around. Nothing personal, just the way we do business.

AlliSeeisBrown

Shouldn't they call and tell me that then? My status still says active ? When will they let me know if that's the case?
Patience man. Quit worrying about your status. It will happen when it happens. Usually at this point they're waiting on the background check/MVR. More often than not when you change job classification like from seasonal to air or from RTD to FSP, they need to do another background and MVR. Also, since you were a seasonal driver and did NOT get a chance to qualify, you may end up going to driving school/integrad again. All of these things have to be in line one way or another before you get back on the road. So patience is key.

luckster

Patience man. Quit worrying about your status. It will happen when it happens. Usually at this point they're waiting on the background check/MVR. More often than not when you change job classification like from seasonal to air or from RTD to FSP, they need to do another background and MVR. Also, since you were a seasonal driver and did NOT get a chance to qualify, you may end up going to driving school/integrad again. All of these things have to be in line one way or another before you get back on the road. So patience is key.
thanks .. I am happy that I heard from them today and I start tomorrow. But they cant give me my specific hours yet for next week. I will ask tomorrow

PT Car Washer

You don't keep your top rate based upon your part time air driving. You get red circled based upon your inside rate.
You are correct for an Air Exception driver. I believe a bid PT Air Driver would keep his air rate when going FT. Starting PT air rate is $12.50/hr and $13.50/hr after gaining seniority.

By The Book

You are correct for an Air Exception driver. I believe a bid PT Air Driver would keep his air rate when going FT. Starting PT air rate is $12.50/hr and $13.50/hr after gaining seniority.
Usually, when a part timer goes FT they aren't allowed to do part time work any more....or at least I thought so.

barnyard

KTM rider
Back when I did the preload and air exception work, I worked a lot of Saturdays and the only time I got 40 hours was during peak or when there was a streak of bad weather and I ran late air.

There was also the 'flavor of the week' times when OT was discouraged. When it was not discouraged, we could help guys run air so they did not have to backtrack too many stops. Sometimes, the bosses would not let us take a board along. No board, no delivering.

Right now, my building is really stressing NO PT OT. We had 1 day of late air, so an exception person working today would be at 30ish hours for the week.

PT Car Washer

How many hours do usual PT air driver work in a week? Is it ever possible to get 40 hrs if working on a Saturday too?
No usual number of hours. 50 hours one week and 20 hours the next week. In my building PT and FT (Art 22.3) air drivers are used as cover drivers when there is a need at top package car driver rate.