Bid air driver ?

luckster

So i worked last Saturday and was told to come back again next Saturday and nothing during the week? I signed up for PT but didn't expect to just work one day a week? Is thus how it's done ?
No usual number of hours. 50 hours one week and 20 hours the next week. In my building PT and FT (Art 22.3) air drivers are used as cover drivers when there is a need at top package car driver rate.[/QUOTE

AlliSeeisBrown

So i worked last Saturday and was told to come back again next Saturday and nothing during the week? I signed up for PT but didn't expect to just work one day a week? Is thus how it's done ?
Could be, but I'd just be patient again. They may be setting you up for a safety ride or the volume might be low or they could be just starting you off slow. Who knows. Never heard of saturdays only, so I don't think it'll stick like that.

I thought the poster said he/she was a temp driver and offered an air exception job. If that is the case, there is no guarantee of hours, he/she will be used as needed.
Peak Season driver offered a permanent PT Air driver job. I don't believe there is such a thing as a bid Air exception driver.

AlliSeeisBrown

What's a safety drive?
Supe goes out with you for a day to make sure you are practicing the methods, driving safely, and understand your duties.

What about air bid driver
As far as I know an air bid driver is a bid route much like a regular driver would have. Specific area and route to either deliver and pickup air parcels. That would be your route and typically a Tuesday-Saturday gig. Either AM or PM.

Supe goes out with you for a day to make sure you are practicing the methods, driving safely, and understand your duties.

As far as I know an air bid driver is a bid route much like a regular driver would have. Specific area and route to either deliver and pickup air parcels. That would be your route and typically a Tuesday-Saturday gig. Either AM or PM.
Our bid Air Driver routes are M-friend, AM or PM and almost all are Art. 22.3 jobs.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have 1, 22.3 bid air route M-friend, 1, bid air 22.3 T-Sa and 1 bid air PT T-Sa. We also have 3 air exception drivers. The 3 bid air have no hourly guarantee, they are used when needed.