Bid route cut. Can I file 9.5?

TopsyKrets

$41.51
Long story short, got my own route not too long ago. I do not have 4 years in with the company yet, but I am a bid driver since I have my own route.

Problem is, management will cut my route once a week and put all my stops on a junk route and let a coverage driver run it. It’s basically all my stuff but under a different route name.

Anyone know if I can still file 9.5 grievances if they are doing this? I’m in the southern region.

542thruNthru

Long story short, got my own route not too long ago. I do not have 4 years in with the company yet, but I am a bid driver since I have my own route.

Problem is, management will cut my route once a week and put all my stops on a junk route and let a coverage driver run it. It’s basically all my stuff but under a different route name.

Anyone know if I can still file 9.5 grievances if they are doing this? I’m in the southern region.

I’d like an answer to this. I’m in the same boat every week with my route cut on mondays
Do either of you have 22.4s working in your building?

Overpaid Union Thug

Yes. You can file for Monday separately (no penalty pay) or in combination with days on your actual route. It’s not your fault they renamed your route.
6D099F89-7C08-4508-9DD1-3348CEEA723C.jpeg

DVIR

I asked my BA this morning as i filed my 9.5, he said it doesn’t matter if they cut your route. You can still file and get paid triple time for all hours over 9.5. Just because the company cuts routes it doesn’t mean you can’t file

TopsyKrets

$41.51
I asked my BA this morning as i filed my 9.5, he said it doesn’t matter if they cut your route. You can still file and get paid triple time for all hours over 9.5. Just because the company cuts routes it doesn’t mean you can’t file

Time and a half. Not triple time

542thruNthru

Western only provides following your work for permanent changes. The company's way around that, keep changing your route, so the changes are always temporary.
The southwest luckily has more protection from that.

I don't know how this hasn't become a major proposal in all areas. It gives the company a way to mess with driver's that don't tow the line.

Here you bump the lowest seniority driver in your loop or take your place by seniority of non bid drivers. You also have to be notified 60 min before start time so that you can make your decision.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The southwest luckily has more protection from that.

I don't know how this hasn't become a major proposal in all areas. It gives the company a way to mess with driver's that don't tow the line.

Here you bump the lowest seniority driver in your loop or take your place by seniority of non bid drivers. You also have to be notified 60 min before start time so that you can make your decision.

That's bassically how it works here in practice, as a function of seniority.