Bid route cut on Monday

okupser

My bid route is typically cut on Monday’s. I have more seniority than all full time(unassigned) coverage drivers in my center. Does my seniority allow me to have top pick of available routes in this situation? I’ve gotten conflicting answers through the years. I am located in the southern region.

Up In Smoke

My bid route is typically cut on Monday’s. I have more seniority than all full time(unassigned) coverage drivers in my center. Does my seniority allow me to have top pick of available routes in this situation? I’ve gotten conflicting answers through the years. I am located in the southern region.
Follow your work if seniority allows or you become an unassigned RPCD. Bumping a lower senior RPCD who works outside of your loop shouldn't be allowed unless your local language has addressed this situation.

Thebrownblob

Check with your business agent. At my location if your route is cut your a unassigned cover driver. Unassigned can pick for the week, but if they’re not on something they picked the previous week (which you would not have since you have your own route) they float and work as directed . You can however follow any part of your work for the day, if it’s on a junior driver.
Again, unassigned, work and seniority can work different in different areas so it’s best to ask your business agent.

oldngray

nowhere special
Check with your business agent. At my location if your route is cut your a unassigned cover driver. Unassigned can pick for the week, but if they’re not on something they picked the previous week they float and work as directed . You can however follow any part of your work if it’s on a junior driver.
Again, unassigned, work and seniority can work different in different areas so it’s best to ask your business agent.
In my center the unassigned got to pick based on seniority but nothing about them not being able to do the same route 2 weeks in a row. And yeah, you can follow your work and bump the other driver if you have more seniority. Not any route that gets your normal work but you can follow where the majority goes.

In my center the unassigned got to pick based on seniority but nothing about them not being able to do the same route 2 weeks in a row. And yeah, you can follow your work and bump the other driver if you have more seniority. Not any route that gets your normal work but you can follow where the majority goes.
It's a complete crap show ow ,with Saturday deliveries

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
As long as your route IS cut MONDAY HERE THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH YOU , NO BUMPING ALLOWED

TIME TO ELIMINATE SATURDAY DELIVERY

easy 9.5 though 😎
🧔‍♂️✊

Michael Scott

In my building when a route comes up for bid they tell you if it usually gets cut monday. So if u bid one of those routes i dont know what youd be complaining about.

OhShoot

Sorry I'm late...I got here as soon as I wanted to
In my building when a route comes up for bid they tell you if it usually gets cut monday. So if u bid one of those routes i dont know what youd be complaining about.
They cut my route on Mondays but run it on Saturdays. I was asked did I wanna switch to a Tuesday-Saturday driver. I said hell no

Thebrownblob

They cut my route on Mondays but run it on Saturdays. I was asked did I wanna switch to a Tuesday-Saturday driver. I said hell no
1709495303660.gif