Bid route cut on Monday

OhShoot

Sorry I'm late...I got here as soon as I wanted to
You don’t even have a enough seniority to bid a mon to fri route little yuppie granite prick boiii
🧔‍♂️✊
1709439291010.gif

okupser

Follow your work if seniority allows or you become an unassigned RPCD. Bumping a lower senior RPCD who works outside of your loop shouldn't be allowed unless your local language has addressed this situation.
My route gets split to about 4 other routes so I don’t think following the majority of my work is an option.

okupser

Check with your business agent. At my location if your route is cut your a unassigned cover driver. Unassigned can pick for the week, but if they’re not on something they picked the previous week (which you would not have since you have your own route) they float and work as directed . You can however follow any part of your work for the day, if it’s on a junior driver.
Again, unassigned, work and seniority can work different in different areas so it’s best to ask your business agent.
Thanks. My steward is on it. I just thought I’d inquire here while waiting for an answer. I’ve always assumed I should have first pick of open routes since I have more seniority than the coverage drivers.

okupser

In my building when a route comes up for bid they tell you if it usually gets cut monday. So if u bid one of those routes i dont know what youd be complaining about.
I knew full and well what I signed up for and am not complaining. I usually get the day off when my route isn’t in on Monday, but am inquiring for when the day off isn’t an option.

sle

As long as your route IS cut MONDAY HERE THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH YOU , NO BUMPING ALLOWED

TIME TO ELIMINATE SATURDAY DELIVERY

easy 9.5 though 😎
🧔‍♂️✊
When you read the union book Canada it sounds like it's saying that Saturdays should be part timers. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but UPS is forcing long time weekday drivers to change to Tues-Sat delivery.

charm299

My bid route is typically cut on Monday’s. I have more seniority than all full time(unassigned) coverage drivers in my center. Does my seniority allow me to have top pick of available routes in this situation? I’ve gotten conflicting answers through the years. I am located in the southern region.
I’m in the southern, at my center, bud drivers are not being allowed to bump lower seniority cover drivers when their route is cut. We are bidding right now and union let us know that before bidding

Thebrownblob

It doesn’t have to be over 50% moves to be able to follow it??
Nope, not for daily route cuts, that nonsense wouldn’t work anyway because they split routes up three or four ways, but if they change someone’s route more than 50% permanently, they can bump permanently

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My bid route is typically cut on Monday’s. I have more seniority than all full time(unassigned) coverage drivers in my center. Does my seniority allow me to have top pick of available routes in this situation? I’ve gotten conflicting answers through the years. I am located in the southern region.
It does in my local.