Bid sheet came down, I didn't know about it

upser4ever

There was a bid for a training route up that I guess they put up Friday but I didn't see it. I was off yesterday and today for family reasons, another driver called me today around 4 to discuss his route that I will be covering the rest of the week and mentioned the route was up for bid. I immediately texted my supervisor and asked if he could put my name on the bid. He told me the bid already came down and someone with less seniority than me got it. I know it's my fault for not seeing the bid sheet on Friday but just wondering if since I contacted him the day it was suppose to come down before he left work if that gives me any chance of getting the route. Especially since I wasn't at work the last two days. I'm going to talk to my center manager and union Stewart tomorrow but would like to hear opinions. I know I should have signed Friday but I didn't see the bid sheet.

upschuck

Bid sheet has to be up for 7 days. If they put it up Friday, then they cant take it down until this Friday.
Bids have to stay up for 7 days
Only 3 days here, and they put it so it spans 2 different weeks, so those on vacation one week has a chance to bid on the other week.

Sorry, but the OP is out of luck, those bids are time stamped, and don't need to be up to the end of day, just to the end of the 72 hours of workdays.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Only 3 days here, and they put it so it spans 2 different weeks, so those on vacation one week has a chance to bid on the other week.

Sorry, but the OP is out of luck, those bids are time stamped, and don't need to be up to the end of day, just to the end of the 72 hours of workdays.
Oh damn.... I guess he missed his opportunity then. Better luck next time OP

Next time be in a region where the bid sheet stays up for a full week :D