Bid training route, is it mine during peak?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Getting mixed answers that management can do whatever they want with training routes during peak. Then on the other hand hearing I’ll have it all of peak. Anyone have any experience with bidding a training route?

ManInBrown

Its yours. They cant park a trainee on it at peak. And they also cant switch trainees when they are doing their 30 on it. Once they pick the trainee that will be doing it, they cant switch to another trainee. The driver they pick does it, or you do it. No one else.

Siveriano

Getting mixed answers that management can do whatever they want with training routes during peak. Then on the other hand hearing I’ll have it all of peak. Anyone have any experience with bidding a training route?
If you won it and they are not training, fight for it, and on peak is urs, dont come out of it.

542thruNthru

Easier to train a seasonal on an established business delivery and pick up route then to expect them to do 400 resi stops. All the rules go out the window during Peak. You can file a grievance in February.

Guess it depends on the local. From the sounds of it you guys can't file grievances year round.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
My first peak season as a driver they had me on my training route, and this was a few months after I’d made book. They put the bid driver on a resi route. He didn’t fight it because his route is a monster during peak. He’s been trying get off his route every peak since, to no avail.