Bidding on a full-time route

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
When I was a swing and would finish certain routes an hour or so sooner than the normal courier, I'd always take stops from an adjacent route and make a big deal about how "you can add another 10 (20, whatever it was, depending on the route) stops to this route and still hit the RTB time!"

It made me soooooo popular!!!
You suckass!

Are you bragging or apologizing?

vantexan

When I was a swing and would finish certain routes an hour or so sooner than the normal courier, I'd always take stops from an adjacent route and make a big deal about how "you can add another 10 (20, whatever it was, depending on the route) stops to this route and still hit the RTB time!"

It made me soooooo popular!!!
I loved it when swings got POed because they couldn't match my numbers.

vantexan

Yeah, there are a couple of really bad ones in the company.
Throwing shade? I had a route that you couldn't get good numbers on unless you knew it really well. Same route I described earlier that the mgr screwed up. Same mgr was telling these two swings to blow up everyone's rt so that he could come down on them. And they took great pleasure in doing so. But my route's roads from the air probably looked like a plate of spaghetti. If you didn't know where the shortcuts were you got behind really fast. And it used to infuriate these guys.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Does the courier with the most seniority get the job? I was assuming this was the case. Two other couriers with more seniority than me applied, however my manager kept insisting I apply.
giphy.gif
bugs_bunny_running_2.png
you either
giphy.gif

Cactus

Neither, I did it to urinate-off the lazies who were sandbagging their routes.
Oh you mean you did this to people who did their route by the book, took care of the customer and didn’t exceed the posted speed limit? Very conviently you crap on your co-workers.

dezguy

I love managers who expect cover drivers to blow up routes. Then I come back, they question me on why person x was able to do x SPH. I just smile and ask them if they would like to check ride me.

They think because they can bully the young guys, it'll work on the old dogs.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Oh you mean you did this to people who did their route by the book, took care of the customer and didn’t exceed the posted speed limit? Very conviently you crap on your co-workers.

Narcissistic suckass, at that.

Worked with a fellow swing (ex-UPS who couldn’t hack it) who bragged about violating every protocol just to be able to say he beat everyone’s goals.

He was a jerk, too.

Why on earth would I do it any other way than by the book when the point was that it could be done by the book and still much faster than certain people were doing it?????

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Why on earth would I do it any other way than by the book when the point was that it could be done by the book and still much faster than certain people were doing it?????
I, too, exceeded goal on most routes, because of my cursory interaction with the customer. That isn't an effective way to build customer loyalty, but as a swing I didn't feel that responsibility (I never turned in sales leads, either).

The difference?

I didn't go around bragging about it. Your contempt of your co-workers is despicable. And predictable.

Cactus

Much faster does not always equal better quality. In your case it never does.

59 Dano

I, too, exceeded goal on most routes, because of my cursory interaction with the customer. That isn't an effective way to build customer loyalty, but as a swing I didn't feel that responsibility (I never turned in sales leads, either).

The difference?

I didn't go around bragging about it. Your contempt of your co-workers is despicable. And predictable.

They wanted a "No one can do it better than me"/"I'm working at the highest possible level" urinating contest. Don't look at me, I just worked there.

Cactus

We had two swings in the SM's office one morning. Neither of them wanted to do my route since I was off on a personal day or vacation. Both were arguing they couldn't do it.

Made me look good though.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We had two swings in the SM's office one morning. Neither of them wanted to do my route since I was off on a personal day or vacation. Both were arguing they couldn't do it.

I never have that problem. Most swings in my station love doing my route. They always ask me when I’m going to be off. Only two of them don’t. They say there aren’t enough brown people on the route. Lol.

59 Dano

Wow, they probably had no business being swings if they made you look good.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I loved it when swings got POed because they couldn't match my numbers.
Hell ya. Bid on one of those dense business routes in the city where knowing the people on the street and hours to use each crowded dock is a requirement for making fast deliveries and the sucka$$ runners cant even get near you.