Bidding Package

Same goes for feeders, 22.3. Long-time PT employees with 15 years or more worked will slip through the cracks and earn them right away. You should sign every bid regardless, and ask HR about the status of all of your bids before accepting the first one they mention.
Not in my Local. Must have 1 year safe driving in the package car classification before winning a Feeder bid. I wonder if Art 22.4 fall in to the package car classification.

UPSER1987

Pretty big generalization.

Like anything else, there are bad stewards, and good stewards.
Just like there are bad supervisors, and mediocre supervisors.

The overwhelming experience with stewards I have been around care about two things - their bid route and days off. To hell with the rest of you. That’s my humble opinion.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
22.3 can sign the a Feeder bid. They just can not win a bid as they do not have a years safe driving in the package car classification. Is this a Local practice thing?
Here you must be a full time employee, with a year or more of safe driving to "intent" into the feeder classification.
Therefore, those 22.3 employees with air driving content and a years safe driving are eligible to go to feeder school here.
I don't think it to be exclusive to my local.

Shift 2

Here you must be a full time employee, with a year or more of safe driving to "intent" into the feeder classification.
Therefore, those 22.3 employees with air driving content and a years safe driving are eligible to go to feeder school here.
Clancy full time employee can bid for feeder in my area as long as they have a valid license and no moving violations for a year

Shift 2

Clancy full time employee can bid for feeder in my area as long as they have a valid license and no moving violations for a year
I meant any full time employee not Clancy. From Packages all the way to a ft 22.3 unloader in the building. Ft seniority is full time seniority no matter what

$see$gone

As someone in the Central who has bounced back and forth between combo and package a bit I asked and was told that my seniority allows us to bid on RPCD jobs as a full timer. The center manager said that basically the lowest 10 percent of drivers will be 22.4's and you will graduate to RPCD automatically when you are in the top 180 spots. We have had like 10 RPCD bids up in the last two weeks.
Same goes for feeders, 22.3. Long-time PT employees with 15 years or more worked will slip through the cracks and earn them right away. You should sign every bid regardless, and ask HR about the status of all of your bids before accepting the first one they mention.
So how are RPCD bids going up in your center if 22.4 automatically move? I heard 22.4 will be 25%.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
22.3 employees, with air driving content, can sign the feeder list as well in my local.

In my Local, 22.3's can sign the feeder intent sheet.

An outgoing labor man agreed to it in a "letter of understanding" supplementing

our local rider. (without opening it) The only caveat.... is they are only eligible

after the company has exhausted the list of other eligible members. Meaning,

their seniority only applies amongst themselves. (on the intent sheet) No previous

driving experience is required. It was his "gift" to the 22.3's before he left.

-Bug-

Roller252

Section 4. DELIVERY AREA OPENINGS IN PACKAGE CENTERS SELECTION OF VACANCIES

C. All permanently vacated or newly created “Protected Jobs” (RPCD’s) working a Monday through Friday workweek shall be bid and awarded in the following order;

Step 1: Permanently vacated Monday through Friday “Protected Jobs” shall be offered to all current 22.4 combination drivers in seniority order;

Step 2: Jobs not filled in Step 1 above will be posted for bid to all other full-time employees within the building, regardless of classification, using their Company seniority date.

Step 3: Any remaining openings in the number of “Protected Jobs” after Step 2 above shall be offered to all part-time employees, by Company seniority, in accordance with Article 3 Section 1(B) of the Sort Addendum.

Step 4: Any remaining openings in the number of “Protected Jobs” after Step 3 above shall be offered in accordance with Article 6 Section 6 of the Western Region Supplemental Agreement, provided, however, that no RPCD position shall be filled by an outside hire unless the job remains unfilled after exhaustion of the applicable bidding procedure contained herein.

So here is how it goes according to my local, If you want to go RPCD M-friend you need to first go 22.4
it's laid out pretty clear.

542thruNthru

Section 4. DELIVERY AREA OPENINGS IN PACKAGE CENTERS SELECTION OF VACANCIES

C. All permanently vacated or newly created “Protected Jobs” (RPCD’s) working a Monday through Friday workweek shall be bid and awarded in the following order;

Step 1: Permanently vacated Monday through Friday “Protected Jobs” shall be offered to all current 22.4 combination drivers in seniority order;

Step 2: Jobs not filled in Step 1 above will be posted for bid to all other full-time employees within the building, regardless of classification, using their Company seniority date.

Step 3: Any remaining openings in the number of “Protected Jobs” after Step 2 above shall be offered to all part-time employees, by Company seniority, in accordance with Article 3 Section 1(B) of the Sort Addendum.

Step 4: Any remaining openings in the number of “Protected Jobs” after Step 3 above shall be offered in accordance with Article 6 Section 6 of the Western Region Supplemental Agreement, provided, however, that no RPCD position shall be filled by an outside hire unless the job remains unfilled after exhaustion of the applicable bidding procedure contained herein.

So here is how it goes according to my local, If you want to go RPCD M-friend you need to first go 22.4
it's laid out pretty clear.

What Rider is that?

$see$gone

Wow that's what I thought. How this got pushed through is beyond me. I waited 9 yrs part time to become a package rat. Now if I wanted to move back into packages I would have to take a pay cut and work tues-sat or wed-sun. 22.4 was the brainchild of the union from what I hear.

542thruNthru

Wow that's what I thought. How this got pushed through is beyond me. I waited 9 yrs part time to become a package rat. Now if I wanted to move back into packages I would have to take a pay cut and work tues-sat or wed-sun. 22.4 was the brainchild of the union from what I hear.

Why would you take a pay cut moving into 22.4?
Screenshot_20200127-112202_Adobe Acrobat.jpg