Bidding Package

$see$gone

How messed up is it that only 22.4 can bid package? Someone in a combo job would have to take a pay cut, work saturday and sunday wait who knows how long until a RPCD position opens. Any full timer for that matter would have to be put in the back of the line. That seems like something that should be fixed next time around. Any thoughts? Is this really the way its set up?

542thruNthru

How messed up is it that only 22.4 can bid package? Someone in a combo job would have to take a pay cut, work saturday and sunday wait who knows how long until a RPCD position opens. Any full timer for that matter would have to be put in the back of the line. That seems like something that should be fixed next time around. Any thoughts? Is this really the way its set up?

Where does your supp say only 22.4s can bid RPCD?

Poop Head

Judge me.
That's wack!

Rack em

Made the Podium
That's what I want to clear up. A couple union stewarts from different buildings said that's how it works. Along with a driving supervisor for what thats worth.
I think the language says that they must first offer RPCD positions to 22.4 drivers, but it doesn't say that only 22.4 drivers can bid on them.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That's what I want to clear up. A couple union stewarts from different buildings said that's how it works. Along with a driving supervisor for what thats worth.

The master does not say that, so the supplement or rider you work under would have to have language regarding that. Here's a helpful tip: when someone makes a claim about a contractual issue ask them for an article and paragraph number. If you tell us what supplement you work under we can help you find the language.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think the language says that they must first offer RPCD positions to 22.4 drivers, but it doesn't say that only 22.4 drivers can bid on them.

Not the master, simply that all RPCD jobs will be filled from inside employees first if you have 22.4's in your center and have weekend ground delivery.

$see$gone

I work in Ohio. I don't have a law degree so finding clear rules in that little book can be frustrating. That's such a big change I would think it would be clear.

$see$gone

Yes we have a part-time date and full-time date. We can bid from department to department combo to package, package to feeder etc. Now it seems 22.4 trumps all other departments.

Mr. Marshall

As someone in the Central who has bounced back and forth between combo and package a bit I asked and was told that my seniority allows us to bid on RPCD jobs as a full timer. The center manager said that basically the lowest 10 percent of drivers will be 22.4's and you will graduate to RPCD automatically when you are in the top 180 spots. We have had like 10 RPCD bids up in the last two weeks.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
FT jobs are offered to existing FT first. So the odds of winning a regular driver bid are going to be slim, There is literally no reason to stay a 22.4 so the only reason a PT would become a regular driver is if the existing 22.4 forget to bid.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Same goes for feeders, 22.3. Long-time PT employees with 15 years or more worked will slip through the cracks and earn them right away. You should sign every bid regardless, and ask HR about the status of all of your bids before accepting the first one they mention.