BIDEN BLOWS UP OIL PRICES BY CANCELLING DRILLING IN U.S. NOW BEGS OPEC

bacha29

Why would Putin "get in there?" More likely the Chinese. And why should our companies be exploring and drilling elsewhere instead of doing the same in the U.S.?
Why not use accessible low production cost off shore oil while saving our own? Oil is a global resource and oil companies are global companies and they go to wherever the most promising sources are located and they have access to them.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why not use accessible low production cost off shore oil while saving our own? Oil is a global resource and oil companies are global companies and they go to wherever the most promising sources are located and they have access to them.
That want it off limits for eternity, no saving.

vantexan

Oh, ok, the Dems aren't looking to end oil production, they're just saving ours for when everyone else runs out. Uh-huh.

bacha29

Oh, ok, the Dems aren't looking to end oil production, they're just saving ours for when everyone else runs out. Uh-huh.
The Dems aren't the ones doing the drilling The oil companies are the ones doing the drilling and they will decide what is in their best interest when it comes to it's future exploration activity and where the most promising areas under their control are located.
Oh BTW.... US operating rig count first week of January 2023....588. US operating rig count as of first week September 2023....760.

Why hasn't those energy experts at Fox News kept you informed?

rod

Retired 22 years
They don't know what to charge around here. Saw a station advertising $3.79 ( Speedway) and 2 blocks down the road they were charging ( Casey's) $3.39. Costco is probably $3.19.

vantexan

The Dems aren't the ones doing the drilling The oil companies are the ones doing the drilling and they will decide what is in their best interest when it comes to it's future exploration activity and where the most promising areas under their control are located.
Oh BTW.... US operating rig count first week of January 2023....588. US operating rig count as of first week September 2023....760.

Why hasn't those energy experts at Fox News kept you informed?
Hmm, could it be, let me think, what could have affected rig count? Dumping huge amounts of oil from the Strategic Reserve? Blocking access to Federal lands? What could it be?

Most of the exploration and new drilling in the U.S. is done by wildcatter companies, not the big boys.

bacha29

Hmm, could it be, let me think, what could have affected rig count? Dumping huge amounts of oil from the Strategic Reserve? Blocking access to Federal lands? What could it be?

Most of the exploration and new drilling in the U.S. is done by wildcatter companies, not the big boys.
Federal lands belong to everybody. Until there is a decided political consensus for drilling in the nation's most environmentally sensitive public lands they will remain off limits. Keep in mind there is drilling on lower risk public lands. Trouble is the federal coffers only get a 1/8 royalty.
But again oil drillers will go to the areas that are the most promising and have the best potential for high yielding wells and therefore best returns for their shareholder and stakeholder investors.
Face it. The days of cheap oil, cheap electricity, cheap healthcare, cheap car and homeowners insurance etc are over..
But, that's free market capitalism. That's the thing you GOP's and MAGA's have always strongly supported. Or at least that's what you people have always claimed to be supporters of.

vantexan

Federal lands belong to everybody. Until there is a decided political consensus for drilling in the nation's most environmentally sensitive public lands they will remain off limits. Keep in mind there is drilling on lower risk public lands. Trouble is the federal coffers only get a 1/8 royalty.
But again oil drillers will go to the areas that are the most promising and have the best potential for high yielding wells and therefore best returns for their shareholder and stakeholder investors.
Face it. The days of cheap oil, cheap electricity, cheap healthcare, cheap car and homeowners insurance etc are over..
But, that's free market capitalism. That's the thing you GOP's and MAGA's have always strongly supported. Or at least that's what you people have always claimed to be supporters of.
You need to look at ANWR a bit closer. It has a huge amount of oil. Recoverable oil. And modern oil drilling has been developed to be much less intrusive than it used to be. Native Alaskans are upset because they had good paying jobs with the oil companies.

bacha29

You need to look at ANWR a bit closer. It has a huge amount of oil. Recoverable oil. And modern oil drilling has been developed to be much less intrusive than it used to be. Native Alaskans are upset because they had good paying jobs with the oil companies.
Exxon Valdez. Permafrost thawing out under the pylons under the ageing Trans Alaska pipeline increasing dangers of an oil spill. Oh, I'm sure it's less intrusive yeah right. The increasing hazards involve high transportation costs and the danger of another environmental catastrophe.
Somebody else might take your simplistic solutions seriously but it won't be me.

vantexan

Exxon Valdez. Permafrost thawing out under the pylons under the ageing Trans Alaska pipeline increasing dangers of an oil spill. Oh, I'm sure it's less intrusive yeah right. The increasing hazards involve high transportation costs and the danger of another environmental catastrophe.
Somebody else might take your simplistic solutions seriously but it won't be me.
Obviously you don't know anything about what I'm talking about. We're talking specifically about drilling in ANWR. They're able to have a central location with the drilling going out horizontally some distance in all directions. "60 Minutes" covered this.

Let's not be disingenuous. ANWR isn't being shut down over worries about its sensitive environment. It's being shut down to placate anti oil progressives. Biden et al are probably realizing he's not likely to get reelected so they're getting the far Left wishlist in while they can.

bacha29

Obviously you don't know anything about what I'm talking about. We're talking specifically about drilling in ANWR. They're able to have a central location with the drilling going out horizontally some distance in all directions. "60 Minutes" covered this.

Let's not be disingenuous. ANWR isn't being shut down over worries about its sensitive environment. It's being shut down to placate anti oil progressives. Biden et al are probably realizing he's not likely to get reelected so they're getting the far Left wishlist in while they can.
And one thing you obviously know nothing about are long standing state and federal environmental protection laws because you have never once factored the existence of such laws into your comments.
So in the meantime go get a juris degree that specializes in environmental law, take the bar exam , pass it then get back to me.
In the meantime, both environmental forces and market forces will continue to have a much larger impact on US energy policy than the politics themselves.
If oil production was as simple as you think it is.....everybody would be doing it.

vantexan

And one thing you obviously know nothing about are long standing state and federal environmental protection laws because you have never once factored the existence of such laws into your comments.
So in the meantime go get a juris degree that specializes in environmental law, take the bar exam , pass it then get back to me.
In the meantime, both environmental forces and market forces will continue to have a much larger impact on US energy policy than the politics themselves.
If oil production was as simple as you think it is.....everybody would be doing it.
You just wrote a paragraph of gobbledygook. Where were all these longstanding state and federal laws while oil drilling was being allowed? Biden isn't complying with laws that before now were being broken. He's trying to placate the Dems main constituency when even most Dems are now against him running for re-election. Politics, pure and simple. Even a simpleton like myself can see that. Which begs the question, why can't you?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You just wrote a paragraph of gobbledygook. Where were all these longstanding state and federal laws while oil drilling was being allowed? Biden isn't complying with laws that before now were being broken. He's trying to placate the Dems main constituency when even most Dems are now against him running for re-election. Politics, pure and simple. Even a simpleton like myself can see that. Which begs the question, why can't you?
He’s beneath simpleton level?