BIDEN BLOWS UP OIL PRICES BY CANCELLING DRILLING IN U.S. NOW BEGS OPEC

Thebrownblob

Yes, there is a price range that the administration said would be best for refilling. I believe it was somewhere in the $68-72 range that was previously announced. With the increased production, some could argue the reserves are pointless. Ducey, like most media personalities, like to create a story.
Sure why have a strategic oil reserve right? What strategic about that? 🙄

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
@Up In Smoke is an extreme partisan masquerading as a honest middle of the road person. He will defend anything his side of the aisle does even if it doesn’t make sense.
You could argue domestic production is a hedge. I don't agree with it myself.

Disrupt our production and things can go crazy fast. We need reserve ready to go.

vantexan

Yes, there is a price range that the administration said would be best for refilling. I believe it was somewhere in the $68-72 range that was previously announced. With the increased production, some could argue the reserves are pointless. Ducey, like most media personalities, like to create a story.
And if our pipelines in Cushing, OK are bombed in a war?

Up In Smoke

Again, why do we have one then?
It was created in the 70s to combat our reliance on foreign oil. There's a formula that was created to be able to offset foreign oil imports in case of a crisis. Today, we produce more than any other country, and if you stick with the formula, we need far less in reserves to maintain our daily needs.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Correct but the answer that should be given regardless of your party affiliation is it a dangerous and reckless decision. If Trump did, I would Trump supporters would say the same thing.
Might be the new Democrat talking points to defend Biden not having an answer why he failed to replenish the reserve?

Thebrownblob

Might be the new Democrat talking points to defend Biden not having an answer why he failed to replenish the reserve?
I have no idea, I think it’s silly to play politics with our readiness as a nation. It was questionable for him to tap into it. For the reason he did, and it’s very questionable for him to not refill it. The Middle East is becoming a powder keg, and there’s no telling what the rest of the world is going to do between now, and the next seven months.

Thebrownblob

The SPR was developed in the 1970's when the US imported over half of our oil needs and was predicted to rise. That is not true anymore.
Then your opinion is we don’t need a strategic oil reserve anymore? Because that’s not what the Biden administration is necessarily saying they plan to refill it when it’s cheaper lol which is a very poor strategy for a “strategic” oil reserve