BIDEN BLOWS UP OIL PRICES BY CANCELLING DRILLING IN U.S. NOW BEGS OPEC

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Sure but that’s not what we’re talking about. And if you’re silly enough to think those ridiculous regulations and costs won’t be passed on to us then I don’t know what to tell you.
Where do they come from. Especially that one. It just shows that age doesn’t guarantee wisdom. Dumb as a fence post.

vantexan

Good. Oil companies have been gouging consumers for decades.
If the oil companies didn't make good profits while also paying their workers well we would soon not have enough oil to meet our needs. It's no different than healthcare. If the doctors and nurses don't get paid well we'll soon have shortages of both. Yet healthcare systems make huge profits too and charge ridiculous amounts for everything. Industrial agricultural has taken over and we're getting gouged there too. Anything that everyone needs or wants has gotten ridiculous. Priced a pickup truck lately?

PT Car Washer

Sure but that’s not what we’re talking about. And if you’re silly enough to think those ridiculous regulations and costs won’t be passed on to us then I don’t know what to tell you.
Oil company profits are subsidized by the tax payers. If you never knew this I don't know what to tell you. Everything from drilling on public lands to having the US Navy protecting oil tankers.

oldngray

nowhere special
Have you looked in the mirror?
z-fun-84.jpg

vantexan

Spending Billions of defense Dollars to ensure foreign oil company profits is not a US National Security issue.
The U.S. Navy has been patrolling shipping lanes worldwide since WWII. It was part of the Breton Woods agreement that made the Dollar the world reserve currency. You may not know it but piracy is still a thing and would be a huge problem without our navy. The safety of goods shipped not only to us but international commerce in general is very much a national security issue. Try not to let your hatred of oil companies cloud your reasoning.

Up In Smoke

He sure is. As natural gas futures turn negative, drillers are going to have some pretty big decisions to make. Do they continue to drill for oil at a profit and give away the natural gas or do they reduce production to maximize revenues??

vantexan

He sure is. As natural gas futures turn negative, drillers are going to have some pretty big decisions to make. Do they continue to drill for oil at a profit and give away the natural gas or do they reduce production to maximize revenues??
He's an idiot for asking why they aren't refilling the SPR as promised?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Biden moved the party to the wacko-tree hugging left. Easy to believe they would play it safe and not invest. Biden has made America weaker.

Up In Smoke

He's an idiot for asking why they aren't refilling the SPR as promised?
Yes, there is a price range that the administration said would be best for refilling. I believe it was somewhere in the $68-72 range that was previously announced. With the increased production, some could argue the reserves are pointless. Ducey, like most media personalities, like to create a story.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yes, there is a price range that the administration said would be best for refilling. I believe it was somewhere in the $68-72 range that was previously announced. With the increased production, some could argue the reserves are pointless. Ducey, like most media personalities, like to create a story.
I thought the purpose of the reserve is, if it hits the fan we aren't dependent on production for a certian time?