BIDEN'S "ROBIN HOOD" ECONOMIC PLAN FOR AMERICA

vantexan

I guess in the sense that Trump tanked the economy he put in place the conditions for a competent administration to take over and rebound the economy. What tax hikes are you crying about? There haven’t been any passed into law. Are you just scared that corporations actually paying taxes will destroy jobs? Has that ever actually happened in recent American history?
So you're saying there's no planned tax hikes? Do you not listen to what is being said? Yah, hikes may only affect the richest 1% but guess what % of investment comes out of the top 1%? If they stop investing because 43%+ of their capital gains will be taken away then there goes expansion of the economy, there goes jobs. But it's ok, Modern Monetary Theory will fix everything!!! LMFAO!!

It will be fine

So you're saying there's no planned tax hikes? Do you not listen to what is being said? Yah, hikes may only affect the richest 1% but guess what % of investment comes out of the top 1%? If they stop investing because 43%+ of their capital gains will be taken away then there goes expansion of the economy, there goes jobs. But it's ok, Modern Monetary Theory will fix everything!!! LMFAO!!
“Well I could expand my business and make more money but then I’ll pay taxes. I guess I won’t expand my company and still pay taxes.”

- no business owner ever

Your argument doesn’t make any sense. It’s never made sense and has never happened. Which is the problem with pretty much all Republican policy.

vantexan

“Well I could expand my business and make more money but then I’ll pay taxes. I guess I won’t expand my company and still pay taxes.”

- no business owner ever

Your argument doesn’t make any sense. It’s never made sense and has never happened. Which is the problem with pretty much all Republican policy.
It's investment in those businesses by those who have the money that will dry up. Which has been the case in like, forever, when capital gains taxes are high. Ask JFK, a Democrat from back when they had their heads out of their asses.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

- no business owner ever

Or even, “Well I was planning to expand my business, but the tax increase consumed the capital I needed to expand!”

Reedikelulous Republicans! SMH!

It will be fine

Or even, “Well I was planning to expand my business, but the tax increase consumed the capital I needed to expand!”

Reedikelulous Republicans! SMH!
Lol. Ya lack of capital is really holding the economy back. “I’d expand my business but if I have to pay 5% interest to do it I guess I’ll just ignore the increased demand and let someone else capture it.”
Do you guys actually think about these arguments?

vantexan

Lol. Ya lack of capital is really holding the economy back. “I’d expand my business but if I have to pay 5% interest to do it I guess I’ll just ignore the increased demand and let someone else capture it.”
Do you guys actually think about these arguments?
So let me ask you...which is better...a millionaire using his accrued capital to invest in hopes of a good return....or someone having to borrow money to invest and pay that back plus interest resulting in a much smaller return or no return at all for some time? Do you not see the drag on the economy when you limit capital gains?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
So let me ask you...which is better...a millionaire using his accrued capital to invest in hopes of a good return....or someone having to borrow money to invest and pay that back plus interest resulting in a much smaller return or no return at all for some time? Do you not see the drag on the economy when you limit capital gains?
Those people usually default on their good faith loans and skip town.
You’ll never get her to acknowledge your point, you know.

It will be fine

Why would a millionaire risk his own money in a business venture? You risk other people’s money to limit your exposure. There is no one seeing an opportunity to make money and turning it down because the current tax rate is slightly higher than they’d like. It’s not how any decisions are made ever.

vantexan

Why would a millionaire risk his own money in a business venture? You risk other people’s money to limit your exposure. There is no one seeing an opportunity to make money and turning it down because the current tax rate is slightly higher than they’d like. It’s not how any decisions are made ever.
And who qualifies for such massive loans to begin with? Millionaires risk their personal capital as collateral taking on such loans. And slightly higher? Almost double the current rate.

It will be fine

And who qualifies for such massive loans to begin with? Millionaires risk their personal capital as collateral taking on such loans. And slightly higher? Almost double the current rate.
Doesn’t matter. No one is going to choose not to make money because some percentage of it will be paid in taxes. You’re thinking like the idiots that believe overtime pay is bad because taxes.

vantexan

Doesn’t matter. No one is going to choose not to make money because some percentage of it will be paid in taxes. You’re thinking like the idiots that believe overtime pay is bad because taxes.
This is common knowledge that there's less investment when taxes are high. As well as a costly regulatory burden. Trump understood that the reason Obama's recovery was the slowest in history was not only due to taxes but the high regulatory burden Obama put on business. Obama's logic was if only the business owners and management were going to get wealthy then no one should get wealthy. Social justice. Told business owners they didn't build those businesses. Trump understood that a rising tide lifted all boats. Yeah, that guy over there shuffling paper was going to do better than his employees who humped for him all day. But with the opportunity to keep more of what they made a lot of businesses sought to expand and they started vying for available employees. Those guys who humped found they could hump for more elsewhere. Pay started increasing. That never meant that everyone was going to get rich and if you wanted to do really well you still had to have a skill that brought better pay. Things were going well until Covid hit and of course Dems wanted to use it politically to hurt Trump. And now want to take credit for what Trump did right.

It will be fine

This is common knowledge that there's less investment when taxes are high. As well as a costly regulatory burden. Trump understood that the reason Obama's recovery was the slowest in history was not only due to taxes but the high regulatory burden Obama put on business. Obama's logic was if only the business owners and management were going to get wealthy then no one should get wealthy. Social justice. Told business owners they didn't build those businesses. Trump understood that a rising tide lifted all boats. Yeah, that guy over there shuffling paper was going to do better than his employees who humped for him all day. But with the opportunity to keep more of what they made a lot of businesses sought to expand and they started vying for available employees. Those guys who humped found they could hump for more elsewhere. Pay started increasing. That never meant that everyone was going to get rich and if you wanted to do really well you still had to have a skill that brought better pay. Things were going well until Covid hit and of course Dems wanted to use it politically to hurt Trump. And now want to take credit for what Trump did right.
Your “common knowledge” is an article of faith for republicans. Do you have evidence to support it?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Herself. No need to go to the hood, doctors were more than willing to keep upping the dosage. Finally, Suboxone along with spinal fusions got her off of it.
Addiction is hell.
First hand experience with someone you love makes it clear.
Six years with jail time thrown in until our son got clean.

rickyb

Biden in charge...

bush was in charge but it was clinton who deregulated the banks which blew up under bush's watch. so be careful equating hte economy to whoevers in charge. biden is to the right of obama and he wont do anything to make it better for workers.