Big oil

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Y'all lost jobs, etc when the Saudis and the Russians drove oil prices down to zero, not anything Trump did. Trump reversed Obama's moratorium on drilling on Federal land, offshore, etc. We became energy independent under Trump. By the way, it's not about making your industry profitable. It's about delivering low fuel costs to all Americans. Your industry has to figure out how to make that work, not gouge people at the pump.
Oil companies are not in business to deliver low cost fuel to US citizens. They're going to sell their product to the highest bidder. If they were concerned about the price we have to pay they would not export anything to keep the supply side higher here.

vantexan

Oil companies are not in business to deliver low cost fuel to US citizens. They're going to sell their product to the highest bidder. If they were concerned about the price we have to pay they would not export anything to keep the supply side higher here.
They may not be but the American government is in position to make resources available that result in a plentiful supply. We had lower prices at the pump under Trump. Prices are now rising and under this administration's stated goals they will continue to rise.

Non sequitur

Global capitalist? Business savvy to establish leverage? What does any of that mean? Just a bunch of irrational nonsense. I just wish cats would stop being delusional for once. Biden nor trump controls the price of oil.
The commodity market is a national interest. If it weren't why have any trade deals. Hey just stop shooting yourself in the foot.

refineryworker05

This is delusional. So trump is only responsible for the good stuff that happens. Any negative thing is the Russians or Saudis. We became energy independent under trump, a lie, but somehow the global price of oil and gas still impacts American consumers. Make it make sense. Our industry doesn't care about giving Americans low gasoline prices. Lol. Oh you are delusional man. Like when Katrina happened and those refineries got flooded and the price of oil sky rocketed, the leadership where I work was GIDDDDDDYYYYYYY to see the price of gas go up. That was the most excited I ever saw them. Their bonuses are based on making money man. They don't give a :censored2: how much Americans pay at the pump. LOL.

vantexan

This is delusional. So trump is only responsible for the good stuff that happens. Any negative thing is the Russians or Saudis. We became energy independent under trump, a lie, but somehow the global price of oil and gas still impacts American consumers. Make it make sense. Our industry doesn't care about giving Americans low gasoline prices. Lol. Oh you are delusional man. Like when Katrina happened and those refineries got flooded and the price of oil sky rocketed, the leadership where I work was GIDDDDDDYYYYYYY to see the price of gas go up. That was the most excited I ever saw them. Their bonuses are based on making money man. They don't give a * how much Americans pay at the pump. LOL.
No, the Russians and Saudis sparring with each other resulted in oil getting dumped on the market at the absolutely worst time, when the pandemic hit and people were staying home, not driving. Drove oil down to negative numbers on the futures market. And we became under Trump the world's top oil producer. No, he didn't get out there and drill wells. But his policies allowed the industry to flourish. And consumers got cheap gas, cheap heating oil, cheap natural gas.