Big "OOPS" by management

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Hasn't anybody in your center worked at UPS more than 5 minutes? How can a whole center of drivers not know what the pay rate is for working on a Saturday?

UPS can pay more than the negotiated rate in the contract. They just cannot pay less.

I would think that they offered better wages to get enough volunteers to do. Contractually, they can do this.

I hope everyone who worked filed for the pay rate posted.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
UPS can pay more than the negotiated rate in the contract. They just cannot pay less.

I would think that they offered better wages to get enough volunteers to do. Contractually, they can do this.

I hope everyone who worked filed for the pay rate posted.
I don't know why they would have offered better wages just to get volunteers since they can always force from the bottom up. I would definitely have filed for the offered pay rate.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't know why they would have offered better wages just to get volunteers since they can always force from the bottom up. I would definitely have filed for the offered pay rate.
I'm the Central Region, they can't "force" drivers to work in reverse seniority order, unless they have the foresight to schedule them on the last workday of the week prior.

Because they can't get people in certain parts of the country to do it. People don't want to drop everything for a job that lasts two months and maybe you get a chance to get a full
Job out of it. By paying more that the contractual rate they are still saving because there are no benefits involved.

22.34life

Six days punch applies to any employees who work six consecutive days.just because u work Saturday does not mean it's overtime.

22.34life

If ur workweek started on Monday and ended on saterday and u worked all six days consecutive u will get overtime for all hours worked on Saturday

Ghost in the Darkness

Unless someone filed with in 10 days it will not make a difference.

That is why you should never post what the pay rate is..it may be time and half for some...it may not be for others. It's never "all" or "none".

That is 10 days from getting that paycheck and noticing the error. Probably should have gotten that paycheck on Christmas Eve which means u better get the grievance filed ASAP.

andrsnbkj

Hasn't anybody in your center worked at UPS more than 5 minutes? How can a whole center of drivers not know what the pay rate is for working on a Saturday?
It seems to be toward the par time preload not the driver obviously all the drivers working Saturday would be a time @ half assuming that they worked 40 plus hours

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It seems to be toward the par time preload not the driver obviously all the drivers working Saturday would be a time @ half assuming that they worked 40 plus hours

Yes it does seem to be for PT. A 3:00 AM start time looks like preload.

And being Saturday, it should be the 6th day worked, and in the Central, and many other supplements, the 6th day is time and a half.