Big "OOPS" by management

czalinsky

Mutiny is about to happen. On Super Sat. (Sat. before X-Mas) they put a sign up saying we were to work Saturday and we would be paid time & 1/2. Welllll, we only got Reg. pay and everyone is freaking out. Basically becuz now they are telling us "so sad, to bad... Your not getting overtime" our Steward is an idiot and does nothing and :censored2: Ricky Maxwell says "there's nothing I can do"... They are thinking that we will all forget about this and it will go away but it's not and its going to get Ugly.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    682.5 KB · Views: 596

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Mutiny is about to happen. On Super Sat. (Sat. before X-Mas) they put a sign up saying we were to work Saturday and we would be paid time & 1/2. Welllll, we only got Reg. pay and everyone is freaking out. Basically becuz now they are telling us "so sad, to bad... Your not getting overtime" our Steward is an idiot and does nothing and :censored2: Ricky Maxwell says "there's nothing I can do"... They are thinking that we will all forget about this and it will go away but it's not and its going to get Ugly.
Yeah, that's what a Sup told us to do but they still said its not going to work becuz of our Union rep not saying he can't do anything
The contract rules supreme in this situation.
Refer to contract.

trickpony1

I don't know who Ricky Maxwell is but if he is the BA and he made the statement, to the effect, "...there's nothing I can do...." in front of several witnesses then It appears you have exhausted the avenues offered by the union.

This would free you to file with the Dept of Labor/NLRB.

Enforcement agencies exist for the benefit of the taxpayer/consumer.

Use them.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Unless someone filed with in 10 days it will not make a difference.

That is why you should never post what the pay rate is..it may be time and half for some...it may not be for others. It's never "all" or "none".

upschuck

Unless someone filed with in 10 days it will not make a difference.

That is why you should never post what the pay rate is..it may be time and half for some...it may not be for others. It's never "all" or "none".
So if you posted that flyer, and it wasn't time and a half, would you still pay it?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Hasn't anybody in your center worked at UPS more than 5 minutes? How can a whole center of drivers not know what the pay rate is for working on a Saturday?