BIG TROUBLE PLEASE HELP

chicken alfredo

Well there's a lot to explain I was a seasonal helper and they say I was late to work 42 times.My driver said he'd go tell the gm I was never late once.I filed a grievance against a supervisor who was making up lies telling people I was doing drugs at work,hiding in the bathroom and I was a liar.All he'll has broken loose I filed another grievance on him for doing my job and sending me home and the crazy hit the fan.Im trying to be run into the ground at work now,supervisors trying to intimidate me,people refusing to work with me cuz they will have their work load increased,I was hit in the face with an ice cube and forced into signing if I'm late one time I'm fired,they are claiming I was late 50 plus times which is a complete lie.Everyone keeps telling me I'm going to be fired...I dread going to work now and a supervisor cornered me telling me your not in the union and won't be you are all alone...Attorney ever heard of it was my response.please help under attack
There must be a really good reason they don’t like you..just reading your initial post made me not like you !

Labelflipper

Not sure what's going on with Lucky747, kinda sounds fishy to me. He has posted on several threads.
Regarding being late....when I first started, my attendance record showed I was late, like 20 times, when I wasn't. Nothing was done about it to me, because the Supervisors were putting in our start time wrong. It was all corrected eventually.

My state is a right to work state, AZ. The Union does have to represent us even if we don't join the Union. Of course, I joined the Union.
Alot of people were ligit late constantly, when I first started, but everything for them got thrown out because they didn't have a steward present when they were getting written up. I can't see Lucky747 being told he is on his own and can't seem to get Union representation. Not sure what state he is in, maybe it's different in non-right to work states.

Labelflipper

If you were in a right to work state and do not join the Union, the union still has to represent y it wouldn't happen on my watch buddy.
It's weird, but that is how it is. I was told if you didn't join the Union in right to work state, they wouldn't fight for you as hard, but they still have to be there for write ups and any grievances. The people I know that didn't join...they just don't want to pay dues, and say "Why should I pay for it if I'm still getting represented." That really pisses me off at times, but try not to get in an uproar about it cuz it is a choice here in Arizona. I know I did the right thing by joining, that's all that really matters to me.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
It's weird, but that is how it is. I was told if you didn't join the Union in right to work state, they wouldn't fight for you as hard, but they still have to be there for write ups and any grievances. The people I know that didn't join...they just don't want to pay dues, and say "Why should I pay for it if I'm still getting represented." That really pisses me off at times, but try not to get in an uproar about it cuz it is a choice here in Arizona. I know I did the right thing by joining, that's all that really matters to me.

They made it that way on purpose when they passed the right-to-work laws in order to gut union membership through natural apathy. It is a purposeful union busting strategy to make paying dues seem useless.

They made it that way on purpose when they passed the right-to-work laws in order to gut union membership through natural apathy. It is a purposeful union busting strategy to make paying dues seem useless.
Most people see the benefit in joining the Union after they see the way UPS treats their employees. Even in RTW states. A few die hard right wingers who think all they have to do is work hard and keep their nose clean. They soon learn.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Big time I'm not letting this go I will be going to the top on this one they messed with the wrong person

Before you do anything else, find out where your local union hall is, go there, and talk directly to your union rep. In the union or not, they are your best bet for getting things straightened out. If they can't or won't help you, for whatever reason, then seek a lawyer.