Bikers

Indecisi0n

With the last few nice days I saw it again, bikers riding without helmets. How do you guys do it? There is no way I would risk riding a motorcycle without a helmet. The worst is when I see a couple and both don't have a helmet. Just wanted to know if there are any riders here that ride without a lid and why?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
With the last few nice days I saw it again, bikers riding without helmets. How do you guys do it? There is no way I would risk riding a motorcycle without a helmet. The worst is when I see a couple and both don't have a helmet. Just wanted to know if there are any riders here that ride without a lid and why?

Ill admit, i used to ride occasionally with no helmet, until i saw a fatal mc accident last year. Maybe the kid would had lived had he been wearing his helmet.

Im still not one of the all the gear, all the time riders, but i do wear a helmet, even if it's just a ride around my block.

Be safe, and watch out for those that are not watching out for you.

Indecisi0n

Ill admit, i used to ride occasionally with no helmet, until i saw a fatal mc accident last year. Maybe the kid would had lived had he been wearing his helmet.

Im still not one of the all the gear, all the time riders, but i do wear a helmet, even if it's just a ride around my block.

I've had so many things hit me in the face shield from large bugs to rocks. I couldn't imagine being hit in the bare face by these things while trying to maneuver.

I talked to a few guys that say helmets take away from the experience but they always take away head to concrete contact.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I've had so many things hit me in the face shield from large bugs to rocks. I couldn't imagine being hit in the bare face by these things while trying to maneuver.

I talked to a few guys that say helmets take away from the experience but they always take away head to concrete contact.

I was looking at new helmets at a large mc dealership recently. I was surprised they didnt stock any high end helmets. Nothing more than a $229 HJC.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
With the last few nice days I saw it again, bikers riding without helmets. How do you guys do it? There is no way I would risk riding a motorcycle without a helmet.
I assumed it was because they didn't have anything to protect with the helmet.
They probably had loud pipes vented to the rear so people could hear them coming ... safety feature. LOL

Indecisi0n

I was looking at new helmets at a large mc dealership recently. I was surprised they didnt stock any high end helmets. Nothing more than a $229 HJC.
A lot of the dealers won't stock "high end" helmets because they are so expensive. Plus within 6 months to a year of the release they drop considerably in price. There is a store in Philadelphia called Revzilla that stocks a lot of high end clothing and helmets which is nice. I prefer to try on a helmet before I shell out $600 on it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Had an old grizzled biker tell me onetime

The only difference between riding with a helmet and riding without is

Open casket or Closed casket

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I can't understand how people ride without a helmet either. I wore a full face for years. Recently replaced it with a 3/4 that has a full shield. The things I clean off my visors I certainly wouldn't want to be getting hit in the face with. Not to mention the the aerodynamics of your head lost, and it's easier to stay attentive when your face isn't being run through a turbine. And I didn't even touch on crashes. I value my head and it's contents.

I rode without one on one occasion. I was on a weekend trip in Erie and in the afternoon I was riding around the Presque Isle. I was stopping a lot and it was really nice so I just took it off and strapped it to the back of my bike. It was cool riding around town, fairly slow during the sunset, but I still understood the hazard. After that I bought a half helmet and goggles that I take with me on trips to switch to for that very kind of thing.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

I always have my helmet and gloves on. I always wear my jacket for longer rides or more spirited riding in the twisties but for something around town I'm content with long sleeves and my vest.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a friend lose his life doing less than 5 mph on a motorcycle. He was coming to a stop at a red light behind a car when it dynamited the brakes. He wasn't paying close enough attention and barely tapped the cars rear bumper which caused him to lose his balance and tip over hitting his head on a pickup trucks bumper in the next lane over. Had he worn a helmet he would be alive today. I always wear at least a 3/4 helmet. P.S.--you haven't lived until you take a June Bug to the face at 70 MPH.

rod

Retired 22 years
I like the young kids on the crotch rockets with no helmets pulling wheelies for blocks with a young gal wearing shorts and flip flops hanging on for dear life.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Some people readily accept death. I met and paled around with a few riders in Berlin, that would run chains and padlocks around their necks attached to the bikes, and terrorize the Autobahn.