Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

Over70irregs

Going to go with or without you. They are tired of us.
1652834521847.png

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Well it looks like the nails are finally closing up the coffin on the old narrative that web2 companies would just make their own blockchains....

Instagram will collect and organize public data from open blockchains, such as Ethereum. Identifying which collectibles belong to which collectors and creators requires them to connect their third-party wallets to Instagram. Initially, the blockchains that will be supported are Ethereum and Polygon, with Flow and Solana coming soon. The third-party wallets compatible for use will include Rainbow, MetaMask, and Trust Wallet, with Coinbase, Dapper, and Phantom coming soon.2

Over70irregs

Mr Ethereum Vitalik (He knows)………

Contradiction between my desire to see Ethereum become a more Bitcoin-like system emphasizing long-term stability and stability, including culturally, and my realization that getting there requires quite a lot of active coordinated short-term change. Contradiction between my desire to see Ethereum become an L1 that can survive truly extreme circumstances and my realization that many key apps on Ethereum already rely on far more fragile security assumptions than anything we consider acceptable in Ethereum protocol design. Contradiction between my dislike of many modern financial blockchain "applications" ($3M monkeys etc), and my grudging appreciation for the fact that that stuff is a big part of what keeps the crypto economy running and pays for all my favorite cool DAO/governance experiments.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anyone gambling?

These alternative currencies are gaining serious traction, and have made their investors very rich. Swiss Bank and a growing number of international corporations are accepting the new currencies (now over 260,000 merchants accepting Bitcoin in Japan alone). Microsoft, Dell, Subway etc etc

Litecoin, for example, has gone up 10 fold in 5 months.

Ripple soared 50 fold in 3 months before settling down to a 25 fold increase.

Litecoin (LTC) price, charts, market cap, and other metrics | CoinMarketCap

There is now serious discussion about the possibility of cryptos completely replacing cash. The dollar, and gold may soon be replaced.

A wise investor should have at least a little exposure in their portfolio, or they may miss the investment opportunity of a lifetime.
August 2017...

The closing price for Bitcoin (BTC) on August 17, 2017 was $4,331.69. It was down 1.2% for the day. The latest price is $30,301.81.

Over70irregs

Guaranteed going to 0 right b4 your eyes
1653048755994.png

1653049910069.png

A bitcoin is simply the name of a unit, which could be defined as a twenty-one millionth of all bitcoins that will ever come into existence. What is important to understand, is that we can divide every Bitcoin in an unlimited number of pieces. The Bitcoin protocol currently supports the division of one bitcoin into 100 million pieces, we call them satoshis.
(Do NOT buy. Study. Research )

Last edited:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Imagine making an iPhone, and then twenty thousand imitators make a buggy knock-off fake iPhone with a glued-on Apple symbol, that doesn't work properly.
Nope.

The “iPhone” schematics in this case were all open sourced.

Which means the clones are all identical by default. Bitcoin has branding over these knockoffs. Nothing more.

Over70irregs

Only one original. No ruler no leader. No pre-mine. No 3rd party. No CEO. No marketing team. No hard fork success. Open to everyone. No credit needed. No passport. No redlining. True decentralization. It avoids permission-granting requirements because it views the use of $ as a universal human right. (Screw the price. Going for freedom)

Last edited: