Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

wilberforce15

Very true but some of those whale wallets aren’t institutions either. They’re just guys who have been in bitcoin for a decade
I agree and that’s why hopefully when we get to the 5T or 10T mark we should stop having these wild 30% up 40% down weeks.
Size will cure the volatility. It already has. This recent 20% dip in BTC would have been 40% or 70% in years past. Now, it's 20% and it found support.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Okay, so not to be nosey, but you invest how much in this? And it's like 19 cents a coin, best/worst case scenario, what kind of performance, over what time frame do you expect with this?
Too damn much I fully admit that. Had a bit of windfall and said :censored2: it I won’t miss it let’s try to retire off of it. I have invested 6 figures in crypto. I have lost money to this point.

It’s not the only project i am in but I will be pretty shocked if OT isn’t $5 by EOY and I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s $10 by EOY. Part of the price suppression at this point is it isn’t currently on any big name exchanges at all.

For your normal ups driver I might throw 3-5k at it.

Brownslave688

Okay, so not to be nosey, but you invest how much in this? And it's like 19 cents a coin, best/worst case scenario, what kind of performance, over what time frame do you expect with this?
The CEO has publicly said “something went horribly wrong” if we don’t have 100k jobs per day on the network by 2023.

Now they have around 50 jobs per day on the network. So they’re really looking for things to ramp adoption wise over the next couple years. Some companies like Swiss National railway have already came out publicly and said they will be using the network.

wilberforce15

I really don't understand chasing yield to the small and speculative currencies when bitcoin, ethereum, or even something like cardano are just about foolproof winners.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Too damn much I fully admit that. Had a bit of windfall and said * it I won’t miss it let’s try to retire off of it. I have invested 6 figures in crypto. I have lost money to this point.

It’s not the only project i am in but I will be pretty shocked if OT isn’t $5 by EOY and I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s $10 by EOY. Part of the price suppression at this point is it isn’t currently on any big name exchanges at all.

For your normal ups driver I might throw 3-5k at it.
So, bottom line, I've got money to play with even after maxing two roth 401ks and roth iras.

So, you use coinbase? I've got an account with them but never used it.

You keep it all digital or what? I hear about keeping keys offline or whatever. I don't know the best way to go about it.

Brownslave688

I really don't understand chasing yield to the small and speculative currencies when bitcoin, ethereum, or even something like cardano are just about foolproof winners.
Bitcoin goes to 250k. It’s a 7X move or so.

OT goes to $10 it’s a 50x move. If you invest 5k it’s the difference in 35k and 250k.

Risk is worth the reward to some?

wilberforce15

Bitcoin goes to 250k. It’s a 7X move or so.

OT goes to $10 it’s a 50x move. If you invest 5k it’s the difference in 35k and 250k.

Risk is worth the reward to some?
And that's why everyone loses their shirts.

BTC, ETH, even ADA allow for 5x to 15x over a few years with relatively low risk. Walking away from that looking for more is plain silly.

Brownslave688

Oh and passive income.

Which yeah eth and ADA have staking but some of these running a node could be a legit business for that sets your kids kids for life.

Brownslave688

And that's why everyone loses their shirts.

BTC, ETH, even ADA allow for 5x to 15x over a few years with relatively low risk. Walking away from that looking for more is plain silly.
I’m really not trying to shill a project here but when these types of names are speaking at an event you’re putting on about how they’re going to use your product. You can feel pretty confident that the risk isn’t really that high.
4D827CAE-C2DC-48AD-839C-25DAC9F10C9E.jpeg
5F64BCB7-36AE-4847-815F-6F8DC31F49F7.jpeg
5F097931-A399-40FB-8C46-2599E4E60169.jpeg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Have I Already Missed My Time To Buy Bitcoin? - NASDAQ

It's easy to see the bitcoin price go up and feel like you’ve missed the boat. However, many individuals and institutions believe that Bitcoin is just now starting to heat up. So what is driving the price of bitcoin so high, and how could it continue to rise beyond these levels? The best place to start is by understanding the backbone of Bitcoin economics: supply and demand.

Supply And Demand

The problem with projecting future prices stems from the difficulty in predicting supply and demand. Bitcoin is unique in that its supply is on a known schedule; it is embedded in software code that cannot be changed by any person or organization. This code states that the new supply of bitcoin is cut in half every four years. The first mining subsidy halving occurred in 2012 when the new supply was cut in half to 25 coins released approximately every 10 minutes. In 2016, it was cut in half again, down to 12.5 new coins created every 10 minutes. In May 2020, the most recent Halving occurred, meaning there are now only 6.25 new coins created every 10 minutes. In short, the new incoming supply of Bitcoin becomes increasingly scarce as time goes on.

bitcoin2.png