Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

The new sec chair is a former MIT professor who taught block chain.

Drug dealers and terrorists are easier to catch via bitcoin than in normal banks, and bitcoin is far complicit than the average wall street bank.

All transactions are public knowledge on bitcoin, anf it isn't all that hard for sophisticated software to link it to a real identity. There are private crypto, but bitcoin isn't one.

Yellen is ignorant and largely irrelevant. And any regulation would only increase institutional adoption and help the price.

It's going nowhere but up.
If you do not think the worldwide governments are not going to do everything in their power to stop an alternative currency, you are sadly mistaken

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Treasury nominee Yellen is looking to curtail use of cryptocurrency - Ars Technica

Yellen argues many cryptocurrencies are used "mainly for illicit financing."

Cryptocurrencies could come under renewed regulatory attack over the next four years if Janet Yellen, Joe Biden's pick to lead the Treasury Department, gets her way. During Yellen's Tuesday confirmation hearing before the Senate Finance Committee, Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.) asked Yellen about the use of cryptocurrency by terrorists and other criminals.

"Cryptocurrencies are a particular concern," Yellen responded. "I think many are used—at least in a transactions sense—mainly for illicit financing."

She said she wanted to "examine ways in which we can curtail their use and make sure that [money laundering] doesn't occur through those channels."
What’s hilarious about this is

1) cash is used for more illicit transactions than anything else and it’s not even close.

2) you can track any transaction done with bitcoin. It’s how they all end up caught. Anyone wanting to catch illegal activity should pray they use it.

Brownslave688

What function does bitcoin perform that another crypto can’t? What is the demand that is fueling the supply problem?

That’s what causes my head to spin when thinking about people throwing 30k+ on nothing.
Then you haven’t been listening

wilberforce15

Yellen...
Screenshot_20210120-191545_Stocktwits.jpg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Coinbase commits to a ‘better customer experience’ following complaints - Tech Crunch

Coinbase has a problem. As interest in Bitcoin has soared along with its price, the popular cryptocurrency exchange has found itself the target of a growing spate of angry customers who haven’t been able to access customer service.

A quick look at Twitter tells the story. As one upset user of the service ranted earlier today: “Multiple issues over the last month which cost me $$$ several open cases and 0% response?? When are you going to help me or is it easier to just forget. This wont be so easy when your publicly traded. Will be following up with [SEC] soon.”

There are many (many) similar complaints to be found.

Brownslave688

Coinbase commits to a ‘better customer experience’ following complaints - Tech Crunch

Coinbase has a problem. As interest in Bitcoin has soared along with its price, the popular cryptocurrency exchange has found itself the target of a growing spate of angry customers who haven’t been able to access customer service.

A quick look at Twitter tells the story. As one upset user of the service ranted earlier today: “Multiple issues over the last month which cost me $$$ several open cases and 0% response?? When are you going to help me or is it easier to just forget. This wont be so easy when your publicly traded. Will be following up with [SEC] soon.”

There are many (many) similar complaints to be found.
They’ve had years to ramp their services up to handle this.