Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
A Tesla for a bitcoin: Musk drives up cryptocurrency price with $1.5 billion purchase - Reuters

Bitcoin took another large stride toward mainstream acceptance on Monday after billionaire Elon Musk’s electric vehicle company Tesla Inc revealed it had bought $1.5 billion of the cryptocurrency and would soon accept it as a form of payment for cars, sending the cryptocurrency shooting higher.

The announcements, buried deep in Tesla’s 2020 annual report, drove a 16% surge in the world’s most widely held cryptocurrency to over $43,000. At current prices, 0.88 bitcoins would be enough to buy an entry-level Tesla Model 3.

Investors anticipated other companies will soon join a list of firms that invest in or hold bitcoin including BlackRock Inc, the world’s largest asset manager, and payments companies Square and PayPal.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A Tesla for a bitcoin: Musk drives up cryptocurrency price with $1.5 billion purchase - Reuters

Bitcoin took another large stride toward mainstream acceptance on Monday after billionaire Elon Musk’s electric vehicle company Tesla Inc revealed it had bought $1.5 billion of the cryptocurrency and would soon accept it as a form of payment for cars, sending the cryptocurrency shooting higher.

The announcements, buried deep in Tesla’s 2020 annual report, drove a 16% surge in the world’s most widely held cryptocurrency to over $43,000. At current prices, 0.88 bitcoins would be enough to buy an entry-level Tesla Model 3.

Investors anticipated other companies will soon join a list of firms that invest in or hold bitcoin including BlackRock Inc, the world’s largest asset manager, and payments companies Square and PayPal.
47k now

Brownslave688

Seriously though I don't get it.
If it's a use coin wouldn't a higher price make it less useful. Like wouldn't it make it more cost effective to switch their system over to a different coin?
Divisible by up to 18 decimal places so doesn’t matter how high it goes because using the network is priced in USD not in TRAC.

So say a job costs $5 at 50 cents for the token that is 10 TRAC paid per job. At $10 that’s .5 TRAC per job.

Brownslave688

Really though, you holding this stuff forever or what.... at what price are you selling it all.
It’s a business plan for me. I set up nodes and run them on VPS for passive income.

Goal 1) make enough to quit ups

Goal 2) diversify into things like rentals and dividend stocks.

Goal 3) pass the business on to my kids.