Blatant Entrapment

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
See your reply is reflective of of the whole issue at hand.

I mentioned several issues that should be addressed, but the only one you zero in on is the "blame the driver" one.

That's the whole problem... Don't address the issue(s) causing the problem, but assign blame when the problems cause the proverbial poop to hit the fan.

I had over 20 misloads one Monday, and 17 the next day. The entire load both days was horrible including one #140 piece of furniture that was smashed all to pieces being loaded under a bulk stop.

Both days, I reported the issues to my management "team" and nothing changed. Same horrid loads and double digit misloads. The 1st two days, I did what I was supposed to do, but facing a 13 hour Wednesday because mgmt is too busy to retrain a preloader, suddenly getting to see my family takes precidence.

Here's the thing... Speaking to my mgmt, sending messages etc. did and does absolutely nothing. Making sure the packages are serviced properly just assures that no action will be taken. The ONLY thing that gets my mgmt team to act is service failures or showing up on one of their silly reports.

So, Wednesday, instead of running my butt off to cover for them, I serviced most of the misloads, but... Oops, also had several missed that I didn't report until it was too late. I did the same thing Thursday.

Friday? Tahdah! The preloader had been retrained, the load looks decent, and we are back in business.

Maybe you're one of the old school supes who isn't a finger pointing, blame laying do nothing... I don't know. I hope your aren't. But, so long as there are management teams who are more concerned with laying blame for failures than they are for preventing them, there will be drivers like me who know how to cover our butts so we can have dinner with our kids. See, that's the top priority... Not someone's cardboard.
Thread winner right here^^^

8 Hour Day

Keep on and you'll have plenty of time with your family.
LOL... as though a mgmt. team that can't be bothered to cover the basics is going to somehow deduce a way to discover if I found a misload early in the day vs. later. HA!

Again... the rebuttals aren't actually about fixing the problems, addressing issues, servicing customers, taking care of the company...

Nope... they're about blaming the driver & getting someone fired.

There's something seriously wrong with the culture at Brown.

By The Book

Horrible advice. You are supposed to scan them as misloads as you find them so that the driver that is supposed to have them doesn't need to waste time looking for them. And so that your supervisors/OMS can arrange to have someone come get them or for you to deliver them. By waiting until later to avoid these things you are, in fact, being dishonest (not to mention an inconsiderate ass) and deserve to be walked off the property the next morning (preferable the day of your dishonesty). And hopefully you won't return to work until you've sweated and stressed through the grievance process, panels, and all that other good stuff that comes with getting fired for dishonesty. If you get to come back at all.
Dude, your making way too much sense! They're just going to tune you out.....the ones who make up the rules as they go, and the rules don't apply to them kind of drivers.

By The Book

That's genius. I'm totally doing that come Monday. They've been on my ass for a couple weeks now about unscanned pkgs in EDD. PT preload belt sups not doing their job is my fault.
If your delivering a stop where 2 drivers deliver each day, maybe the other driver had a few of yours that were pald for you. This happens a lot where it's an early bulk delivery and when they cut it to the 2nd car it get a few after you leave for the early delivery. If this isn't the case just line them out in rows of 5 and count them before you leave. You should see a zero for pkgs remaining.

jaker

trolling
They do nay make a attempt on all salts , I had three and two of them didn't get deliver until the next day

So again ups does not care about customers

The third one and the last one I ran their numbers so far in the hole that I never got another one after that , that was the sweetest 2 hours overtime that I have ever done

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm not sure where in the country you are greenhorn, but your 25 driver center is a little different than where I am located. Meaning there's 20 pt sups who are as crooked as they come, willing to do anything they can to advance themselves.
Failing to see what this has to do with drivers hiding misloads, but okay.

Overpaid Union Thug

I think you missed it when I clarified it earlier... We do that among ourselves. The whole loop. Usually, we swap them over lunch or just run them. ORION has been fairly well abandoned here, so driving 20 over is ignored.

The conversation usually goes "Just a guess, but I'm willing to bet you won't be able to find a package for so and so..."

We actually haven't had to do this much in the last few weeks. The whole situation got bad enough that our do nothing mgmt team finally cracked down on preload. I only had one misload, yesterday... I felt like I'd won the lottery.

Really? Your words.....

"Scan them as non-deliverable misloads about 15 minutes before you leavethe route to return to the building & then sheet them as missed.

Do that for all misloads."

Overpaid Union Thug

Selective editing... You left out...

"Service failures are the only thing that keep preload & mgmt accountable. Running misloads - especially if not reported - does nothing but encourage sloth in others."

What? You don't like it when a driver puts the results of your laziness back in your own pathetic lap?

Repeatedly, you've ignored what causes the problem, haven't you? I get the impression you do that professionally... lazy, finger pointing, khaki wearing hypocrite... Carry on, carrion.
I selected the only words that matter. The rest is just you blaming others for your failure to follow instructions like a big boy.

There is a time in every boy's life when he realizes that he is told old to be blaming others for his mistakes. That's one of the signs of becoming a man. You have obviously not reached that point yet. Simply turning 18 doesn't cut it. Stop making excuses and blaming others for your immaturity and do your job.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Scan them as non-deliverable misloads about 15 minutes before you leave the route to return to the building & then sheet them as missed.

Do that for all misloads.

Service failures are the only thing that keep preload & mgmt accountable. Running misloads - especially if not reported - does nothing but encourage sloth in others.

Do the right thing always scan / ods as you DISCOVER......don't wait till the end of the day.

Enjoy the ot ...

Wad

Indecisi0n

Horrible advice. You are supposed to scan them as misloads as you find them so that the driver that is supposed to have them doesn't need to waste time looking for them. And so that your supervisors/OMS can arrange to have someone come get them or for you to deliver them. By waiting until later to avoid these things you are, in fact, being dishonest (not to mention an inconsiderate ass) and deserve to be walked off the property the next morning (preferable the day of your dishonesty). And hopefully you won't return to work until you've sweated and stressed through the grievance process, panels, and all that other good stuff that comes with getting fired for dishonesty. If you get to come back at all.
You only hold and not send in misloads until late for the drivers you don't like.