Blizzard

Purplepackage

What a productive day, called everyone in...most people leaving with 25-30 stops and then 2 hour early pulls

So either tomorrow and Wednesday we are going to be stupid heavy

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Why shouldn't an employee be upset about getting counseled for using a sick day, a benefit provided upon employment at FedEx?

I'll take an OLCC every day of the week and twice on Sunday if the powers that be want to spend their time issuing them to me.
For any reason, or even for no reason at all. A couple of people here have created this notion that OLCCs are these ingenious tools that make it easy to fire employees, as if anyone's employment (or termination, if you see the glass as half empty) at FedEx hinged on the issuance of an OLCC.

In this case I'd bet the mortgage that the reason they are being issued is that once an employee's attendance is bad enough he can't say he didn't know he'd missed that many days or something of that nature.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
What a productive day, called everyone in...most people leaving with 25-30 stops and then 2 hour early pulls

So either tomorrow and Wednesday we are going to be stupid heavy

Roads still suck in my area. A few trailers didnt make it to the hub. Ps, the road to the business complex was poorly plowed as well... both feeders and package cars were getting stuck.

I was stuck in the apartment complex lot since the contractor did a crappy job and the lanes was an ice rink. Called in to be an hour late... got there at the HD hub at 9 and everyone was waiting for the trailers! They were there since 6-7AM! So the whole building waited until 1000. Mass delete and routes closed to be dispatched

The dry sunny day did have a dent on some plowed roads, but i knew if i didnt finish by dusk, its gonna be a skating rink.

No worries, easy day i got done at 1500

Not looking forward to the re-freeze at my area tomorrow

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'll take an OLCC every day of the week and twice on Sunday if the powers that be want to spend their time issuing them to me.
For any reason, or even for no reason at all. A couple of people here have created this notion that OLCCs are these ingenious tools that make it easy to fire employees, as if anyone's employment (or termination, if you see the glass as half empty) at FedEx hinged on the issuance of an OLCC.

In this case I'd bet the mortgage that the reason they are being issued is that once an employee's attendance is bad enough he can't say he didn't know he'd missed that many days or something of that nature.
If I call in sick and explain it over the phone that's all I need to do. Anything after that is none of their business.

FedExer267

We have been light this week are the roads a go on the EC. Just wondering when we are going to get hit with all the freight from EC.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I swear, you guys act like OLCCs are kryptonite.

The new "advisory" OLCCs are a joke. Admit it, shill, it's just another way to harass and intimidate employees into not calling-in sick. You make me sick.

If the weather conditions suck, you have no business out there trying to make Fred money. You know full well that any courier who chooses to go on the road absolves the company of liability. Calling-in sick is the best course of action.

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
What does that have to do with anything? No one said anything about the need for explanations.
Think about it and use your head for a change.

This company wants an explanation for everything and they want you to justify every minute you're on the clock. Including how many times you scratched your ass yesterday. But I guess explanations are unheard of at Station One.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What does that have to do with anything? No one said anything about the need for explanations.

Then why is there a need for an OLCC to "inform you" that you called-in sick? I freaking know that I called my manager. Amazing stupidity, which you apparently agree with completely. Not surprising.

This reminds me of how FedEx went through a phase where everything had to be labeled, so they had CSAs running around putting Dymo labels on garbage cans that said "garbage can" and copy machines that said "copy machine". How retarded is that?