BLM vs Bundy

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Because he is an old guy who sees the fraud and waste in athers but can't see it in the mirror. You are correct that he is not the first or only, but he should be able to see that he's been living off the government to a far greater degree than any "welfare queen".
Why, cause his cattle ate a bunch of weeds on government property?

I don't think that cost the taxpayers one dime.

Boy you have a huge hatred of this guy? Why?

oldngray

nowhere special
Bundy's protest was the BLM was using his money to force him off the land. It was technically legal of BLM but very shady and unethical. And Bundy did spend a lot of his own money improving the land, which the BLM troops tried to wipe out during their occupation. (why would they have a legitimate reason to destroy things like water tanks?)

bbsam

Staff member
Why, case his cattle ate a bunch of weeds on government property?

I don't think that cost the taxpayers one dime.

Boy you have a huge hatred of this guy? Why?
Not a hatred at all. But if it's government land and the government is due lease payments, I don't see how people defend him not paying them. Because he's been breaking the law for decades? That's not a good defense IMO. I'd have the exact same stance if Exon had been getting rich for decades without paying leases for drilling on federal land.

bbsam

Staff member
So? Bad argument. Has no bearing on this case.
So the government can choose which cases to prosecute. They do it all the time. So the bad argument is to say that someone is being unfairly targeted. That has been the perogative of the state always. Besides, think how big the government would have to be to enforce, prosecute, and penalize every single crime or audit every questionable tax return.

realbrown1

Not a hatred at all. But if it's government land and the government is due lease payments, I don't see how people defend him not paying them. Because he's been breaking the law for decades? That's not a good defense IMO. I'd have the exact same stance if Exon had been getting rich for decades without paying leases for drilling on federal land.

Why did the BLM handle this case like this? Why didn't the use the court judgments against this guy to put liens on his property?

It's what they should have done if the upper politicians hadn't pushed this so hard.

bbsam

Staff member
Why did the BLM handle this case like this? Why didn't the use the court judgments against this guy to put liens on his property?

It's what they should have done if the upper politicians hadn't pushed this so hard.
That may be next. In fact, when those tactics are taken, when his assets are frozen he's going to look back on these as the "good old days".

realbrown1

That may be next. In fact, when those tactics are taken, when his assets are frozen he's going to look back on these as the "good old days".
Another pointless argument that has nothing to do with the reality that is actually happening.
You do know that the BLM officers came really close to firering on the peacefull protesters? And would you have been OK with that?

bbsam

Staff member
IRS can freeze assets. Does BLM have that legal authority?
I don't know. Would probably take a request to the IRS but I would think so. If they can come in with guns-a-blazing like the IRS, I would think other powers would be similar as well.

bbsam

Staff member
Another pointless argument that has nothing to do with the reality that is actually happening.
You do know that the BLM officers came really close to firering on the peacefull protesters? And would you have been OK with that?
Probably. I didn't have a problem with Ruby Ridge or Waco. I am probably the only one I know to say so, but individuals helped in choosing their "battle court rooms".

realbrown1

Probably. I didn't have a problem with Ruby Ridge or Waco. I am probably the only one I know to say so, but individuals helped in choosing their "battle court rooms".
Or you just believe that the government is never wrong.

bbsam

Staff member
Or you just believe that the government is never wrong.
No. But I believe that those officers are acting under orders and they have families to get back to as well. People can choose to fight the government in armed conflict or in the court room. In armed conflict I guarantee they will lose. In court they have a fighting chance.

realbrown1

No. But I believe that those officers are acting under orders and they have families to get back to as well. People can choose to fight the government in armed conflict or in the court room. In armed conflict I guarantee they will lose. In court they have a fighting chance.
Acting under orders is not an excuse or a good reason.
And the only one pointing loaded weapons were the BLM officers.