BLM vs Bundy

bbsam

Staff member
Acting under orders is not an excuse or a good reason.
And the only one pointing loaded weapons were the BLM officers.
why does it shock you that BLM officers would be pointing loaded weapons? Yes the Bundy folks were peaceful but well armed as well. In a situation that could have erupted at any moment and ended very badly, why shouldn't officers be prepared?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
why does it shock you that BLM officers would be pointing loaded weapons? Yes the Bundy folks were peaceful but well armed as well. In a situation that could have erupted at any moment and ended very badly, why shouldn't officers be prepared?
What does the BLM need an armed army of officers for? And why does this not disturb you?

Rainman

Its all good.
No. But I believe that those officers are acting under orders and they have families to get back to as well. People can choose to fight the government in armed conflict or in the court room. In armed conflict I guarantee they will lose. In court they have a fighting chance.
Fighting in court can bankrupt an individual. It's not always an alternative worth pursuing.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

bbsam

Staff member
It doesn't disturb me because this is exactly what the NRA insists gun rights are for--to stand up against a perceived tyrannical government. This is what they've pushed in individualist vs the government fantasy. I fully expect the government to be prepared for anything and if it comes to shooting, Bundy and his supporters will be tragically crushed. I would urge that Bundy find a way to get this into the courts because in the end, it won't matter who shoots first.

realbrown1

It doesn't disturb me because this is exactly what the NRA insists gun rights are for--to stand up against a perceived tyrannical government. This is what they've pushed in individualist vs the government fantasy. I fully expect the government to be prepared for anything and if it comes to shooting, Bundy and his supporters will be tragically crushed. I would urge that Bundy find a way to get this into the courts because in the end, it won't matter who shoots first.
So let's get this straight. You're OK with the BLM being armed to the teeth. The CIA, the FBI, Homeland Security, the military and reserves and all other governmental authorities because of the threat posed by armed people?

Did I get that right?

bbsam

Staff member
So let's get this straight. You're OK with the BLM being armed to the teeth. The CIA, the FBI, Homeland Security, the military and reserves and all other governmental authorities because of the threat posed by armed people?

Did I get that right?
No. I am not "ok" with it but it is the lay of the land. So if Michigan militias or Bundy supporters or Black Panthers or KKK or skin heads or any other group decides that they'd rather take up arms rather than go to court, the outcome is a foregone conclusion.

realbrown1

No. I am not "ok" with it but it is the lay of the land. So if Michigan militias or Bundy supporters or Black Panthers or KKK or skin heads or any other group decides that they'd rather take up arms rather than go to court, the outcome is a foregone conclusion.
Because when a government has more to fear from its own people. than outside forces, it is the beginning of the end for that government.
That is sad, because I think our government is worth changing to try to save it.

bbsam

Staff member
Because when a government has more to fear from its own people. than outside forces, it is the beginning of the end for that government.
That is sad, because I think our government is worth changing to try to save it.
Neither you, me, Bundy, or anyone else will change the government at the end of a gun. Court rulings, maybe. And yes, it is worth changing.

bbsam

Staff member
And i don't think they are afraid of the people anyway. Why should they be? Sending in armed officers isn't showing fear as much as it is showing overwhelming force is on hand.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
They let go of Al Sharpton, Charlie Rangel..........they let go all the time.........certain people are given passes all the time.

Can you ever get a topic right? This is about an old man, who for decades has been in and out of court with the federal government for NOT paying what he is required to pay.

Court order after court order has been issued against Bundy going back to the 90's and now, in 2014, BLM is getting serious and acting on those FEDERAL COURT ORDERS.

This isnt about congress, or the president or liberals.

Its about the law.

The only thing BUNDY owns is a small melon farm and NOT the land his cattle graze on.

There are NO FREEGRAZERS allowed in this country. He repeats the "blame" on blacks for taking from the government, but fails to acknowledge that he is worse then "blacks" by actually "stealing" from the government.

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
for not paying...........you say?

Charlie Rangel has not paid rent on his office bldg. in the district he represents..........they gave him a 6 mos. grace period, but it's over a year now and he has not paid anything. The topic is NOT PAYING......like Bundy not paying. TOPIC, TOPIC !!

realbrown1

Neither you, me, Bundy, or anyone else will change the government at the end of a gun. Court rulings, maybe. And yes, it is worth changing.
You don't change government at the end of a gun. You destroy it at the end of a gun.

It's a shame, because this incident at the Bundy ranch is going to be a wake up call for some Americans and the rallying call for others.

MAKAVELI

You don't change government at the end of a gun. You destroy it at the end of a gun.

It's a shame, because this incident at the Bundy ranch is going to be a wake up call for some Americans and the rallying call for others.
I guess you don't remember the Waco Massacre.

realbrown1

As far as I know, the only ones who brandished weapons at the Bundy Ranch were the BLM agents.
Care to refute that?