Blood pressure

25yrvet

From the diet side......No Caffeine (pop, coffee, chocolate). Oatmeal for breakfast really helps. Stay away from salt & processed foods; eat more fresh fruit & vegetables.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
From the diet side......No Caffeine (pop, coffee, chocolate). Oatmeal for breakfast really helps. Stay away from salt & processed foods; eat more fresh fruit & vegetables.

Too much salt and caffeine do most people in. Most foods contain enough salt in them naturally. If your hypertension is serious enough, see doctor and get on a maintenance drug. I have been on them for about fifteen years, I'm on Hyzaar now. You will have to have a DOT Physical every year once you hit forty years of age or get diagnosed with high blood pressure.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Too much salt and caffeine do most people in. Most foods contain enough salt in them naturally. If your hypertension is serious enough, see doctor and get on a maintenance drug. I have been on them for about fifteen years, I'm on Hyzaar now. You will have to have a DOT Physical every year once you hit forty years of age or get diagnosed with high blood pressure.
Really at 40 you need to get a dot physical every year?

rushfan

A few Vicodin, Norco, even hillbilly heroin (oxycontin) will do. I cannot use the chronic anymore (DOT random drug testing).

Seriously, my doc told me to eat fiber, and lots of it. Oatmeal, Leafy greens. Romaine lettuce works wonders. (thank goodness my delivery route has many bathrooms-feeder is another story). Lay off fast food, once a week is fine. Salt and cut back on caffeine.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Really at 40 you need to get a dot physical every year?

I think so, although I have been known to be wrong before! I sometimes post crap off the top of my head, but I thought that was accurate without bothering to research it. I heard that somewhere, if its wrong then I expect to be corrected. Maybe its at fifty years of age? I do have a CDL, I don't know if that makes a difference or not.:tongue_sm

Last edited:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I've sworn off pop since last December. Cut down on fast food, and the number one thing.......if you smoke.....QUIT!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Unless your diagnosed with high blood pressure then it's once a year.

Yep, thats my situation. High blood pressure is often hereditary too. It may not have anything to do with stess, diet, or lack of exercise. It runs in my family's genes.

happyboy

Try to fast for 24 hours before your dot, I'd schedule the DOT for a monday morning so that you would have the whole weekend to calm down from any stress of the job.

upsguysavannah

In addition to the diet and exercise advice given already, try dietary supplements like garlic pills, grape seed extract, flax seed oil and soya lecithin... they work for me.

area43

DOT testing soon any advice to lower blood pressure is appreciated.

The best way to reduce your blood pressure is exercise. Walking is good, at least 3o minutes or more 3 or 4 times a week. Remember, when you are at your job alot of stress builds up. Walking or exercising, helps the body to unwind. It also helps you mentally and increases your endurance for those long days. Ive been doing this for about 10 years, at times its hard to squeeze the time in, but its nice when I do. I also like running(its in the family), I know that sounds crazy, believe me Im very careful, I lay off it, when any pain pursist. I run basically on the weekends. Just the open road and my thoughts. When Im finished the endorfins kick in and Im totally relaxed. Im a new man, ready to take on another week. take care, area 43