Boots

diesel96

I am going to start driving Sat Air. Does anyone know of a good pair of boots I can get for summer. I think the have to be black?

Try Sears,large selection...black or brown color allowed....osha requires re-inforced toe or steel toe...non-slip soles....doesn't have to be a boot or high top,they sell sneaker like work shoes also...it's all personal preferance.

Don't forget to claim it for your 2007 taxes!

jlphotog

I recently bought a pair of "Cat Decise HI XT Hiker" boots. They are extremely comfortable, light weight, supportive and have good traction.

One thing I learned very quickly on this job, don't skimp when it comes to footwear. If your feet are hurting from improper footwear, you are toast.

LKLND3380

I just got my new shoes in the mail..........NIke Air Max TL 2.5 running shoes

These have a sturdy leather upper? EASTBAY says different: The Nike Air Max TL 2.5 running shoe is made for the runner seeking ride, durability and comfort. Lightweight synthetic mesh upper, a full-length Air-Sole® cushioning unit, and a BRS 1000™ carbon rubber outsole. Wt. 14.6 oz.

The Center Manager and Safety Sup approved? Just make sure because you don't want to be "held accountable" for your center failing the Kettar Audit... Then get a warning letter for not following propper safety methods for footwear...

UPS PUBLICATION 018903880895 09/2004
IF THE SHOE FITS - WEAR IT!

Only shoes that are constructed with sturdy uppers made of leather, man made leather or similar protective materials, have non slip soles, provide good support and are kept in good repair should be considered.

EXAMPLES OF A... "GOOD FIT"
  • Constructed with sturdy uppers made from leather, man made leather or similar protective materials.
  • Provides good support for the entire foot, including the ankle.
  • Has non slip soles.
  • Must be properly maintained, kept in good repair and replaced when no longer providing proper protection or support.
  • Seams are not splitting.
  • Soles are not worn.
  • Shoelaces are not threadbare and ready to break.
EXAMPLES OF A... "BAD FIT"
  • Loafers
  • Tennis shoes
  • Sneakers
  • Sandals
  • Runing shoes
  • Any type of footwear that doesn't provide protection or support.
That is the gospel according to UPS Corporate...

cino321

I wear the all black air force 1's.

I'm just trying to be cool and bag some girls while I'm at it, in the summer I wore beach flip flops and a black wifebeater last year and the center manager caught me and asked me if I was serious. Then he told me to go put some clothes on.

Just because UPS wants me to be miserable doesn't mean I can't have a little fun at work.

I wear boots to the PCM and change them as soon as I leave the building.

Anyway, I just bought some black nike shox this weekend we'll see how I make out with them this week.

Oh and another thing. I could careless about me being the reason my building fails some bs safety audit. They can give me all the warning letters and suspensions they want for something stupid like footwear. When they do something about the fact that my P1000 is blown out wall to wall every morning with 300 pieces so bad that i have to literally slam my truck into the dock at my first stop every morning just so I can open the door in the back then I'll accomidate their stupid guidelines. Or how about the fact that I have to climb into my 87 P1000 everyday, from now on I want one of those steps they use to unload trailers.

Give me a break I'll go tit for tat with UPS on safety guidelines any day.

Sorry about the rant.

Last edited:

Cementups

Box Monkey
These have a sturdy leather upper? EASTBAY says different: The Nike Air Max TL 2.5 running shoe is made for the runner seeking ride, durability and comfort. Lightweight synthetic mesh upper, a full-length Air-Sole® cushioning unit, and a BRS 1000™ carbon rubber outsole. Wt. 14.6 oz.

I have worn seeral different type of "running" shoes over the past few year without an issue. One pair of shoes I had had reflective little trianlges along the laces and I just explained to them that it was a safety issue because I was working so late and in the dark. Safety First!!

I deliver in a higly rural/residential area, so to me comfort comes first.

As far as boots, I have found recently some nice black, full leather, polishable shoes through different police supply websites.
I may try these next by Original S.W.A.T.:
os-1130bl.jpg

cino, I hope you don't get hurt. If you did get hurt because of the footwear you use. You shouldn't be able to file a claim with the company. What purpose does it serve to slam into the dock at your first stop. All that would do is shift the pkgs to the rear door so you can't open it. You would have to go through the bulk head, climb over the pkgs. to get rear door open.

cino321

1. Slam is such a strong word, I hit the front of my truck first then I gently reverse in. As much as I'd love to climb through my bulk head door, most days I can't because packages are loaded to the ceiling

2. Odds are the rest of my body will get hurt before my feet do, I'm seriously willing to chance it just so I can enjoy that little bit of comfort through out the day.