Borland out as Jarrett's crew chief

OldManAllowance

I don't know what the problem is, Dale follows the keys for safe driving, you know, "leave yourself an out" and his favorate, "Stay back and see it all"...that's why he is always last.

8Years2Go

OldManAllowance,
I think you're on the right track. Isn't a safe following distance 3 to 5 seconds under 35 MPH's and 6 to 8 over 35. Just think what the safe following distance would be for over 185 MPH. I think it would be like 1.8 miles!! That would explain everything!!

tups

OldManAllowance,
I think you're on the right track. Isn't a safe following distance 3 to 5 seconds under 35 MPH's and 6 to 8 over 35. Just think what the safe following distance would be for over 185 MPH. I think it would be like 1.8 miles!! That would explain everything!!

Well over 185 he was still 6-8 back for the short time he was in the race last weekend!!!

helenofcalifornia

Re-signing Dale Jarrertt last year is just another example of how UPS is out of touch and has no plan for winning. As UPS is looking further and further behind in the rear view mirror. Atlanta!!! Wake up!!!!!

rushfan

UPS-Cancel the deal with Waltrip. I like Jarrett as a person, but he stinks as a driver. If we are going to continue to dump the millions in NASCAR, get someone who will be at least in the top 10. Otherwise, spend the money elsewhere.

rapidrandall

slow but sure
DJ failed to qualify for Sat. night race. Waltrip also fails to qualify, but Reutemann makes the show. One out of three Waltrip racing drivers in the race. Tough times.

71chevy

We are still in the early part of the season and Jarrett is out of free passes. I wonder how long Big Brown will hold out before they make a decision on changes. You have got to believe that this will be just the beginning of a long list of DNQ's.

jlphotog

Well over 185 he was still 6-8 back for the short time he was in the race last weekend!!!

Short time is right. He was lapped for the first time last weekend in lap number 22. That is 11.7% of the way through the race. Pathetic!

By the way, did anyone else notice in last weeks race that UPS was not THE major sponsor of Jarret's car. The major sponsors were listed as UPS/Kentucky Derby.

HazMatMan

As long as we are talking sports, today's Kentucky Derby picks from yours truly. Exacta box 2, 3, 6, 8, 12, 13, 18.. One dollar will cost you 42 dollars and you get half of what the exacta pays out.. Good luck!!!

raceanoncr

As long as we are talking sports, today's Kentucky Derby picks from yours truly. Exacta box 2, 3, 6, 8, 12, 13, 18.. One dollar will cost you 42 dollars and you get half of what the exacta pays out.. Good luck!!!

Tanx, Haz.

Oh, I'm a little short this week. Can you pitch in a couple $'s for me on those #'s. I'll gladly pay you next week! LOL

8Years2Go

By the way, did anyone else notice in last weeks race that UPS was not THE major sponsor of Jarret's car. The major sponsors were listed as UPS/Kentucky Derby.

Secondary sponsors are really not that uncommon in NASCAR. They'll do it sometimes to promote a movie or some other special event. You'll most likely see a few at the Coca Cola 600 as well as the All-Star Challenge, the week before.

Burton might be losing Cingular real soon, if NASCAR does'nt allow them to use AT&T. Something to think about!

71chevy

Here we go again, Jarrett did not qualify for this weeks race. I hear he is going to start working PT in the Hickory, NC hub.

outamyway

We are still in the early part of the season and Jarrett is out of free passes. I wonder how long Big Brown will hold out before they make a decision on changes. You have got to believe that this will be just the beginning of a long list of DNQ's.

I'm sure it will be.

Also, the car gets more TV time when he wrecks than any other time of a race put together.

Kind of funny, I'm not even sure what DuPont is all about.