Bottom Line: Future Drivers/PTers will be making less

LagunaBrown

Full Time progression once is Article 41 section 2 (b)

Progression credits Article 41 section 4

Thanks for verifying. Funny thing is I post true articles and usually some vote no goon will tag negativity. SMH

M

MenInBrown

I can’t wait to see standard 13 hour days for combo drivers on Saturday and Sunday and laid off drivers on Monday. Best contract ever....for a part timer with a month seniority. Are the combo drivers also going to do all unloading and loading and parking trucks on weekends too?
Don’t forget the layoffs on Friday when they hold volume for Saturday.

DOK

UPS/Teamsters can spin this how they want but the Bottom line is Future Drivers Will be making Less to do the exact same job you are doing today.

Thats the bottom line.

We wouldn't have the money/benefits we have today if those union members/leaders that came before us didn't fight against concessions like these. So its now on our watch to keep it going by voting this down and fighting to AT LEAST keep the ALL Full Time drivers at equal pay and not take a mass pay cut for future drivers. That's the very least we should accept.

And with how well the company is doing, has done in the past, and is poised to do in the future, this contract is mind blowing. It’s all about the increased pension contributions the 22.4’s will bring, period.

LagunaBrown

And with how well the company is doing, has done in the past, and is poised to do in the future, this contract is mind blowing. It’s all about the increased pension contributions the 22.4’s will bring, period.
Most areas already have a two tier system why not get them upgraded to fulltime and increase pension. Lord knows most pension funds can use the extra money.

born2Bwild

Most areas already have a two tier system why not get them upgraded to fulltime and increase pension. Lord knows most pension funds can use the extra money.
Personally I’m not against the idea of 22.4. I think it’s great to relieve excessive overtime, but 25% of RPCD is geared toward stripping us from all overtime not just relieve. IMHO it should be 10% of route in place at very best.

M

MenInBrown

Here we have a 5 day 8 hour guarantee. They can’t lay us off. It’s in our Southwest Package Rider.

From what I’ve been reading, your rider will not over ride 22.4 language. “When work is available” language, will be laying RPCDs off. That is just one of the main issues with the 22.4 language.

DOK

So we sold the drivers out when we allowed temporary cover drivers, now you want to sell them out again and make them 22.4’s?!

brown_trousers

two-tiered wages have been ingrained into our contracts for decades. 22.4 is just the natural evolution of this. If we truly stick to our principles, we would need to rewrite most of the contract to make sure people doing the same job functions are always paid the same, or on the same progression. I just dont see this as a reality.

some of the wage inequalities at UPS:
pt sorter vs 22.3 sorter
utility driver vs regular driver
pt air driver vs ft air driver