Boxes

New Englander

They say the pick-up driver can refuse to take any package that is not boxed properly. Is Avon an exception? If I go to Avon to pick up their feeder with 3000 Avon packages on it, can I refuse to take them all until they're packaged correctly?

I'm sure UPS does not pay claims to AVON, much like those long light bulbs we ship.

BigBrownSanta

It is a perfect world. You control that aspect of it. You message in that it's damaged and your not delivering it. It's pretty simple. Keep the customers in mind.

In our center it get's sheeted as missed instead of damaged on road as it's another way for UPS to manipulate their own system in their favor.

LOL. You seem to have confused me for a service provider. I am a delivery driver. UPS took away the service provider title when they implemented EDD and took away the time allowance and tried to lock me in to a SPORH.

But, with that said, I guess it must have all been there. I haven't had a damage call tag yet and no one has said anything to me about it.

dillweed

Isn't it sad that the bowflex made it through unload, sort and preload without being re-taped? Of course I'll admit that I shove those darned things onto the next person as quickly as possible. They're rough to handle.

thebrownbox

dang beat me too it.. Avon and any type of 50Lb Copy paper box...

Also Any large Samsonite Black label boxes that don't have any type of cushion support in the box.

PAUPSER

Yeah in all my years I never seen any kind of light bulbs for that matter survive through are UPS center. I swear if the customer seen how ups or any carrier company handle there packages we would probably be out of business. This time of behavior is only encouraged by UPS and the old “Meeting the Numbers” policy.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Yes avon sucks, but they are small in size and not very heavy compared to w.w grainger. That is the worst card board. Red and white with grainger written on cardboard.

brownrodster

The last time I delivered Avon boxes they were mangled and the lady was angry with me and told me that UPS is a horrible company for destroying her avon. I just ignored her and left. It was after 8 PM and my last stop.

LKLND3380

Im looking for opinions on which company has the worst shipping boxes. In my opinion its avon with the only hub snakes holding the lid on.

Avon and Office Depot... I hate the people who ship the bags as well... Then there are the boxes shipped from China via San Francisco...

LKLND3380

LOL. You seem to have confused me for a service provider. I am a delivery driver. UPS took away the service provider title when they implemented EDD and took away the time allowance and tried to lock me in to a SPORH.

Should be renamed: United Parcel - UP

Service has left the building

satellitedriver

ABC even beats Avon. At least Avon will have a lid so if 1 strap survives the contents will be contained. ABC uses no tape and will put one flimsy strap on a huge box. Once the box is deformed, (does that ever happen) merchandise will hemorhage from every possible openining. How about Avon sending 1 small tube in the standard size box. Come on people.

Rod mentioned Chinese cardboard. Many of the smaller boxes of Chinese cardboard are actualy innerpacks that are shipped to the distributor as a gross inside a master carton. These inner packs were never meant to be used as a shipping carton, but guess what.

One side note concerning boxes and straps: When you encounter 2 boxes of Mary Kay strapped together that bottom box will always have a different tracking number. Can you say missed scan? I knew you could.

Sorry for the rant but this subject really pushes my buttons. :whiteflag:
Amen,
ABC is the worst.
You forgot to mention all the foam peanuts that pour out of them.

DS

Fenderbender
We have Staples the business people here and they suck too.
I told a customer to look and see if there was anything missing
a box 15"x15"x10" and inside there is a toner cartridge,8 pens and
a pack of post it notes,no packing ,surprisingly,nothing missing.

skid mark

In Rememberance of Jimi
dang beat me too it.. Avon and any type of 50Lb Copy paper box...

Also Any large Samsonite Black label boxes that don't have any type of cushion support in the box.

Yes!! Those friggin copy paper boxes. They take the prize. If there are 5 of them on your truck, you'll wind up taping 4 of them. They suck as bad as Avon............:knockedout:

LTD catalogue boxes. All straps, no tape.
LTD and ABC are actually the same company. We lost the ABC account a couple of years ago, but a few months later started getting the LTD deliveries. LTD/ABC hate em both.

Also, once upon a time we told QVC we didn't want to be nor could afford to be their carrier anymore. We were paying out more in claims than they were paying us in shipping charges. When they returned to us, it was with the understanding that we would not pay claims on poorly packed boxes.
At least that's the story I was told by a National Account Exec.