Boy are we in for it!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Last 2 weeks I've been seeing a lot more surepost put into my load. You guys too?
They are converting EVERYTHING to surepost....it pisses me off because they are abusing the whole program....I understand the reasons for having it but almost every account that I have seen going to houses are being changed over.I understand rural areas and such but they are sending things that we should be delivering to the PO. They have been changing a few pkgs to ground to go out with us but if we had the actual volume that the PO has been delivering we all would be shocked.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
problem with those right now is that they're offered every week.... those 4 day checks are killing me... lol
I usually try n get em on a mon if I can, for a 3 day weekend but if I cant get a mon off unpaid then ill just work the rest of the week for a whole weeks paycheck. Ive got it down to a mindset now with the discipline to just work rest of week if I cant get that Monday off. But I feel ya its hard as hell to refuse a day off even if I cant get Monday lol. Ill tell ya what though, its easier to take that unpaid day during middle of week during the winter if its cold as balls or poopy rain,sleet, or snow NOT AS HARD A DECISION THEN lmfao.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They are converting EVERYTHING to surepost....it pisses me off because they are abusing the whole program....I understand the reasons for having it but almost every account that I have seen going to houses are being changed over. I understand rural areas and such but they are sending things that we should be delivering to the PO.
friend'ing hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!
Every driver has been whining and crying about Surepost diverting packages/stops from drivers and now that the volume is being brought back in-house, drivers are bitching about Surepost not being delivered to the post Office.

That's just precious! LMFAO

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Every driver has been whining and crying about Surepost diverting packages/stops from drivers and now that the volume is being brought back in-house, drivers are bitching about Surepost not being delivered to the post Office.

Dude very little sure post is bring brought back into the fold...since you seem to know everything ups do you have a percentage that is now being delivered by ups drivers and not the usps...maybe you can call one of your old buddies to bet an answer..

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Is funny, take it 1 box and 1 stop at a time, that's why you get paid by the hour lmfao

aiian

Big deal.... Last peak sucked as did the one before it. Odds are good the next few will too.

There's only so much :censored2: they can squeeze into a P12 & more importantly only so much I can do with a 6O hour work week.

As far as SurePost not much has changed round here. My PO still gets 4OO+ a day and the only time I'm delivering to someone's door is when there are multiples.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Dude very little sure post is bring brought back into the fold...since you seem to know everything ups do you have a percentage that is now being delivered by ups drivers and not the usps...maybe you can call one of your old buddies to bet an answer..
Go back and read your post ... I only responded to your post.
Whether you meant to say it or not, you complained about Surepost coming back to the UPS driver to deliver.
Sometimes it pays to reread what you wrote to see if it makes sense.
Mister Smartypants!

Coldworld

60 months and counting

And where in that post did you read that I was bitching about getting more sure post packages. ..I believe the reps are converting every last customer so they can shove more to the PO....get it now..maybe I didn't make it clear the first time

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And where in that post did you read that I was bitching about getting more sure post packages. ..I believe the reps are converting every last customer so they can shove more to the PO....get it now..maybe I didn't make it clear the first time
I definitely did not read it that way the first time.
So you were actually bitching about additional volume being converted to Surepost?
That makes sense.
Keep bitching.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Big deal.... Last peak sucked as did the one before it. Odds are good the next few will too.

There's only so much :censored2: they can squeeze into a P12 & more importantly only so much I can do with a 6O hour work week.

As far as SurePost not much has changed round here. My PO still gets 4OO+ a day and the only time I'm delivering to someone's door is when there are multiples.

When there are multiples..bingo...even if there is a stop next door it doesn't always get flagged..it should ...any pkg on the same street should be going with us

O

OLDMAN3

One of the bags for the Post Office this week had 2 sure post boxes in it....
Both for the same address, and it was a commercial address.
I don't really care if UPS is diverting volume in violation, since I don't want the hours.
But if this goes much farther I may be filling paper since they are taking away the tiny, easy boxes.

Don't take away my gravy!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I definitely did not read it that way the first time.
So you were actually bitching about additional volume being converted to Surepost?
That makes sense.
Keep bitching.
I understand the premise behind the service...we use to see the targets, amazons going surepost..accounts that are shipping millions of pkgs a year...now it is all accounts every clothing company etc...just want to see us deliver more especially when the stops are in the city...same apt complex whatever...right next door to a person getting a regular ground pkg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
One of the bags for the Post Office this week had 2 sure post boxes in it....
Both for the same address, and it was a commercial address.
I don't really care if UPS is diverting volume in violation, since I don't want the hours.
But if this goes much farther I may be filling paper since they are taking away the tiny, easy boxes.

Don't take away my gravy!
They are not suppose to be sending surepost pkgs to businesses...bs.

aiian

LOL, they aren't supposed to do a lot of things.

What really gets me is the large SurePost pkgs, my PO makes it a major PITA to drag their work in and the big ones fill up their cages waaay to fast.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The thing about it is ups says commercial to residents pkgs have the highest cost to service value but people are getting more than one pkg at a time....2 or more an a regular basis and this number will be going up in the future.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
LOL, they aren't supposed to do a lot of things.

What really gets me is the large SurePost pkgs, my PO makes it a major PITA to drag their work in and the big ones fill up their cages waaay to fast.
Wasn't the size suppose to be addressed in the contract also..I personally haven't seen many large surepost pkgs but maybe companies are still sending them..wish the union would step up on this...I think some pkgs should be going to the post office to offset some costs and fuel and such but they are taking advantage of this totally.