Boy are we in for it!

10 point

I had it made with the use of my friends garage during peak for the last 5 years. She died this past year at age 82 with multiple problems on top of copd . My load would be block loaded on a 700 , don't want a bigger car, you know what that means. I think 728ups is right they will try to use less people or rookies that need help later in the day to jack the stock up which is their main goal and their 5 year plan, the hell with the customer or service, get it on the floor and get it out the door.
The company does it all the time because we make it work. "Just feed the animals some chilli when they RTB and it'll all be good" mentality.

I'm tired of making it work. If they don't stress about it I'm following their example.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
The company does it all the time because we make it work. "Just feed the animals some chilli when they RTB and it'll all be good" mentality.

I'm tired of making it work. If they don't stress about it I'm following their example.
Know what you mean , we always solve their problems cause we are trying to survive so corporate pats themselves on the back and the public thinks we are the greatest, smoke and mirrors once again. Our part time animals are fed hot dogs sometimes hamburgers and steak if the safe work days go over a certain amount. Someone needs to remember we are the final link to the customer, the last one to release the package and show some pride in the job.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Our center is at the absolute worst level Hourly,Management,and Equipment wise than I have ever seen or could have imagined in 30 years .
Too many decisions are made by people not in the center,no one is held accountable,and nobody seems to give a damn.

I really think our Management Team is being set up for failure the is Peak by the Powers That Be so demotions,no pay raises and no MIP can occur. They can replace my team with brand new people out of school and pay them half the current pay rate. My center manager is only a year or two from retirement ,so it would be no surprise to see that individual busted down

upsbeernut

Our center is at the absolute worst level Hourly,Management,and Equipment wise than I have ever seen or could have imagined in 30 years .
Too many decisions are made by people not in the center,no one is held accountable,and nobody seems to give a damn.

I really think our Management Team is being set up for failure the is Peak by the Powers That Be so demotions,no pay raises and no MIP can occur. They can replace my team with brand new people out of school and pay them half the current pay rate. My center manager is only a year or two from retirement ,so it would be no surprise to see that individual busted down
I'm seeing the same thing one manager got black balled and has to drive 1 hour and a half to work versus 15 minutes before only because he turned down a move and guess what 2 weeks ago he was moves to preload ouch! Musical managers causes extreme chaos and theres a new face ever time you turn around. I can't even get my uniforms from 6 months ago, just wanted my 25 year patched shirts.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Peak is what it is, I could care less cause I don't give a :censored2: lol. Aint stressing out over it why? Just busier than a normal day is how I look at it. More work less sleep oh well shiznitt happens fellas lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It cuts Into my beer time! IVE doesnt like that!
250yu273swsw.gif
lol.

10 point

• You may not see the train coming but you can hear the whistle blowing.
  • Six pkg car trainees + 1 competent supe to train them all in Oct = :twister2:
  • :bsbullf:

upsbeernut

I'm already working til 8:00. What's another hour?
Beer can be Everyone's friend as it never judges and it takes the edge off the day without pills. And I do feel we will be working till 9 which again saves management from putting another 10 hour
route that's why they have at least 3 different plans weekly so the work continues to shift from zip to zip. We don't have routes we have area sectionals and split cars with 3 different zip codes.