Boycott The Survey

Packmule

I always enjoyed the questions about trusting your management team. And do you think they will listen to you and implement changes that employees bring to their attention. yeahrightsure. It seems like they ask the same questions several times, just slightly change the wordings.
How could they possibily change anything when they are totally micromanaged from above?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Took your wife out to eat and showed her what a Cleveland steamer was afterwards.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1424488051.665377.jpg

mixyo

Dispatcher
I took the survey this week and was pretty shocked to see that question as well....

Me too. He was filling it out for the first page for some reason. I don't really give two friend's so that's why I replied I'm Bi, just to see his face. He said ok and let me do the rest myself
Yeah my sup filled out the first page too...odd...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Me too. He was filling it out for the first page for some reason. I don't really give two friend's so that's why I replied I'm Bi, just to see his face. He said ok and let me do the rest myself
I took the survey this week and was pretty shocked to see that question as well....

Yeah my sup filled out the first page too...odd...
Yep, like I said earlier, everyone takes the survey!

O/C

While useless, the survey does create a few minutes of overtime.
It is useless if they do not follow up with the results. Question to be asked is why they continue to make us take them? Sounds like another corporate ploy to display a kinder and gentler PC work environment, but who is listening??

Sent using BrownCafe App

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It's that time of year that they try to get us to complete the annual Employee Engagement survey. A buddy pointed out that this year one of the first questions is "What is your sexual orientation?"

The surveys are supposedly anonymous, however they're connected to our supervisors and they ask about years of service, etc so it wouldn't take much to figure out who answered what. That being said...that question is completely irrelevant and invasive.

I encourage you to join me in boycotting their dumb invasive survey.

Most people I know at UPS who are gay, you can spot them from a mile away, It's not invasive, just stupid.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
If you really want to get managements attention, refuse to take the survey. They could care less how you answer just as long as they show participation. Just like giving to United Way. Several years ago almost everyone in our center refused to take it. They had to have at least 10 people take it for the survey to count. After the center manager begging everyone to take it didn't work, the division manager took up the cause. When that didn't work the District manager came and asked what the problem was.

They don't care what we put on the survey people! If they don't get any participation, they have to explain to corporate why no one will take the stupid thing. That's when you get your voice heard. Not the silly questions they ask about on the poll that don't amount to a hill of beans. Cant say that it made a huge difference in the work place, but it sure got lots of attention from upper management.

If you really want to get managements attention, refuse to take the survey. They could care less how you answer just as long as they show participation. Just like giving to United Way
I believe you may be right. I refused to give to United Way and the DM actually cornered me one day in the hub and asked why I didn't give. I think refusing to participate makes management look bad to their superiors.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
if they're willing to pay me OT to take the survey and add my comments, i'm in. whether they act on them or not is up to them - it's their company. choosing to "boycott" these surveys makes certain that your opinions aren't heard, and puts more money in the company's pocket rather than the employee. to each his own...

Like most boycotted the vote on the contract

It's that time of year that they try to get us to complete the annual Employee Engagement survey. A buddy pointed out that this year one of the first questions is "What is your sexual orientation?"

The surveys are supposedly anonymous, however they're connected to our supervisors and they ask about years of service, etc so it wouldn't take much to figure out who answered what. That being said...that question is completely irrelevant and invasive.

I encourage you to join me in boycotting their dumb invasive survey.
Maybe they are interested in what we think. Maybe it will affect change.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I believe you may be right. I refused to give to United Way and the DM actually cornered me one day in the hub and asked why I didn't give. I think refusing to participate makes management look bad to their superiors.
If anybody in my center refused to take the survey, it will be taken for them. Back in the days of the ERI, we had 125% participation one year.