Brand new hire. What the hell is going on?

Newtothegame

Hello from Wisconsin. I am brand new to UPS after working a PVD position over the holidays. I was approached by center boss and asked if I wanted to do deliveries full time and starting talking perks, pay, insurance etc. I dropped out of police academy and took full time job as a driver in January. I was sent to integrad in mid january and was told we would start when we returned from California integrad.

It has now been 2 months since finishing integrad and there is a group of us who are considered full time and have yet to set foot in a truck at our center. It seems like we were buttered up with a sales pitch then just tossed when not needed. Is this normal? That we are full time and haven't even set foot inside. When we begin to question when we are starting, we have gotten the "do you need money or something?" Response.

What does full time mean with UPS.
All I hear now is that we are 3 to 4 weeks out yet. That BS doesnt pay my Bills.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Hello from Wisconsin. I am brand new to UPS after working a PVD position over the holidays. I was approached by center boss and asked if I wanted to do deliveries full time and starting talking perks, pay, insurance etc. I dropped out of police academy and took full time job as a driver in January. I was sent to integrad in mid january and was told we would start when we returned from California integrad.

It has now been 2 months since finishing integrad and there is a group of us who are considered full time and have yet to set foot in a truck at our center. It seems like we were buttered up with a sales pitch then just tossed when not needed. Is this normal? That we are full time and haven't even set foot inside. When we begin to question when we are starting, we have gotten the "do you need money or something?" Response.

All I hear now is that we are 3 to 4 weeks out yet. That BS doesnt pay my Bills.
Are they using you for preload/twilight shift, or are you laid off, or what?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Usually unheard of hiring anyone after peak until May.
Don't know why they aren't working you this week though. We are really busy

Newtothegame

Are they using you for preload/twilight shift, or are you laid off, or what?
After a month of sitting at home with full time status, I had to beg to at least get a few hours chucking boxes. I unloaded boxes for one week at driver pay and told there wasnt enough work. Now its been 2 months since they rushed us through integrad and now us new hires feel used, lied to, etc. I was promised more hours than I could handle and now I'm on state aid because I'm being dragged along and no one answers phone calls or returns texts.

542thruNthru

After a month of sitting at home with full time status, I had to beg to at least get a few hours chucking boxes. I unloaded boxes for one week at driver pay and told there wasnt enough work. Now its been 2 months since they rushed us through integrad and now us new hires feel used, lied to, etc. I was promised more hours than I could handle and now I'm on state aid because I'm being dragged along and no one answers phone calls or returns texts.

Apply for a second job. I'm sorry but this is how UPS is.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Dang, that's rough.

Like @542thruNthru said, this is how UPS is.

Best of luck at your next job. :/

DOK

Looks like we’re heading for a recession, just bad timing for you. I’m sure there will be route cutting and lay offs.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

All normal UPS behavior. Cops in my area do way better than UPS drivers. Any regrets not staying in the academy?

SandSpida

Go back to the academy and become a cop. Then pull over every UPS truck you can for the rest of your career. That’s what I would do and I would feel great doing it.

BrownBaggage

for the love of god, go back to the academy if you can. Toooooorust is!

watdaflock?

Welcome to UPS. We're even more crooked than cops, but can't kill people as easily and get away with it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Welcome to UPS. We're even more crooked than cops, but can't kill people as easily and get away with it.
UPS does kill people, slowly.
They love mind games, where they get to control every aspect of your life.
Never tell anyone in MGT what you like , are married, or how you feel.
They will at some point use it against you.